Dodge Challenger Forum banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,000 Posts
Here is another link where a guy swapped a +2015 cluster into his pre-2014 challenger without using a Tazer. I like his idea of taking a battery to a junk yard to sniff out the commands he was looking for. That's thinking outside the box.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,000 Posts
So after messing around with the OBDlink for a while, it looks like even though it has enhanced features over ELM327 it still does not have the performance to sniff the CAN as it always gets a buffer full error. I even tried the STM command that uses filters but it captures nothing. If you type it in OBDwiz console it just locks up the software. Going to switch over to a CAN bus shield for the arduino.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,000 Posts
Yeah, I ordered the shield...just waiting for it to arrive. Not bad for <$30. Have the arduino ready to go just need the shield.

Also if anyone else is interested in Can sniffing...check these links out.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,000 Posts
OMG guys, the mileage correction in alfaOBD works on my 2015 dodge challenger RT+ M6. Just tested it. Also found out you need to enter mileage in kilometers and not miles. I wonder if this means I can swap in a 2019 RT cluster in place of my 2015 RT...probably not as the BCM might not be compatible.

Also the new seeed can bus V2 shield seems to have no issues eavesdropping in on the bus. Also pretty easy to setup and use. Still have yet to analyze the data.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
For anyone still following this thread, in collaboration with ChallyTatum we've discovered how the odometer is updated. (Not specific number wise but how increments are pushed)

101 - 107 of 107 Posts