Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
10,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my recent AWE exhaust system (2015 6.2/6/4) requires new clamps as it reuses OEM tips (bought 6.4 tips from a member) but what it looks like is my 2015 RT clamps won't fit. So I bought these:

4578916AB (bought off Amazon)

Part arrived and they look like they are the same (maybe just stretched open more as they are new, and different stamped numbers) as my clamps off the 2015...what gives? The packaging looks OEM legit.

What confuses me is if I go to SW and enter 2015 RT and the 4578916AB part number it says it won't fit my car, but it will fit a HC, Scat..ect. So I expect them to be noticeably different.

Anyone have a picture comparing a clamp off a 6.2/6.4 vs a clamp off a pre-2017 RT?

·
Registered
94 Posts
The clamp for anything with the 2.75 exhaust has to be bigger. The tips are bigger at the pipe side. I was looking at the link and is showing the same clamp used for the downpipe connection. these clamps are ball type clamps for the tail pipes.

·
Super Moderator
17,431 Posts
they're the same style (ball clamp) - the diameter is likely larger - I notice in the parts application that is shows 5.7s ('17+) which use the style of resonator as the 392/ 6.4 and 'Cat 6.2.

The '15 - '16 R/T had the earlier style box resonators which were a smaller diameter vs. the '17+ 5.7s which switched to the AES setup like the 392 & 'Cats use

Reactions: ChallyTatum

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
10,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks Hal. The trips just arrived and sure enough the clamps do fit. The RT clamp is close but not enough to work. Have everything to install the AWE exhaust but need to take some before/after vids.

So pics for comparison. 2015 RT on the left...6.4 on the right.

Looking at the pic of the clamps it is now more obvious there is a difference but more so when installing the tips.

3" AWE up top, 2015 RT manual 2.5" on the bottom.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
10,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The clamp for anything with the 2.75 exhaust has to be bigger. The tips are bigger at the pipe side. I was looking at the link and is showing the same clamp used for the downpipe connection. these clamps are ball type clamps for the tail pipes.
That was my frustration...some sites say the PN I listed would fit my 2015 RT, some said no, and then some showed the flat clamps used on mid pipe connection. That's why I went with Amazon as they showed the right shape clamp. That and they were half the price of everywhere else. Having the tips in hand made it obvious the clamps I bought were correct.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Great to hear it all worked out. I looked at several mopar parts sites and at different years and on a couple, don't remember the selections, but when I clicked on exhaust it showed the whole rear bumper assembly and not a single exhaust part. Glad you got it worked out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.