Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a new catback on my 5.7. What do you guys do with your old exhaust? I’m assuming this thing is pretty much worthless no? Especially since it’s not the srt exhaust. Maybe I’ll keep the tips since they are easy enough to store.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Just installed a new catback on my 5.7. What do you guys do with your old exhaust? I’m assuming this thing is pretty much worthless no? Especially since it’s not the srt exhaust. Maybe I’ll keep the tips since they are easy enough to store.
If you can keep it keep it. The aftermarket exhaust might prove less than acceptable over time, cause CEL, or fail, or you may decide to sell the car and having the factory exhaust could be a plus.

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
If they are the active exhaust you might be able to sell them. I know they sound better than my 2015's exhaust even with the muffler swap and resonator delete I did. Someone might remove the actuators to install on an older car for an awesome sounding exhaust.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
You may want to actually keep it. Come trade in time, many dealers (car max being one of them) will not accept a car that has had modified exhaust. Many dodge dealers will not either.
Im not one to keep junk around either, but in the case of oem take offs (wheels, exhaust, seats, etc) its always served me well come trade in/sale time to be able to return the car to stock..or close to it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you can keep it keep it. The aftermarket exhaust might prove less than acceptable over time, cause CEL, or fail, or you may decide to sell the car and having the factory exhaust could be a plus.
You've convinced me. (y) I can probably find some space in the attic...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If they are the active exhaust you might be able to sell them. I know they sound better than my 2015's exhaust even with the muffler swap and resonator delete I did. Someone might remove the actuators to install on an older car for an awesome sounding exhaust.
No it's note the active exhaust system, which is why I think it's probably worthless, except maybe to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts