Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what type of bulb are in the footwell? I would like to install a brighter bulb that I could control with the factory controls....
I've searched this forum for footwell lights and the only thing that comes up are the strips, I'm not really interested in doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,849 Posts
I believe it's the #194, L0000194

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
14,836 Posts
footwell lighting use LEDs, not incandescent bulbs

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,172 Posts
footwell lighting use LEDs, not incandescent bulbs
Yup, my '15 had surface mount LEDs which I took off to replace with larger, brighter, whiter LEDs...I can dig up pics and part numbers once I get home this weekend. I think I even put a power point together.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yup, my '15 had surface mount LEDs which I took off to replace with larger, brighter, whiter LEDs...I can dig up pics and part numbers once I get home this weekend. I think I even put a power point together.
Where did you get the larger and brither, whiter leds? and how is the install? do you just tap into the wire?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,172 Posts
Where did you get the larger and brither, whiter leds? and how is the install? do you just tap into the wire?
The LEDs I used were from light house:
PLCC-2 1210 3528 SMD LED White Ultra Bright 2500 mcd

You need to remove the circuit boards from the footwells
20170123_215152.jpg

Then desolder the old LED and replace with the new LED
20170123_210818.jpg

It is nowhere near as bright as an LED strip but it is no longer ugly yellow and I can actually see them on during nighttime.

Before
20170123_221144.jpg

After
20170123_221255.jpg

For my next light mod, I want to add push button activated headliner lights from Brandmotion. I am starting a write-up (not complete nor 100% correct) but have yet to tackle the project. See attached PDF.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,172 Posts
Great write up! For the footwell lights, could a Post-Tap be used Posi-Tap- No Crimp Tap instead of de-soldering / soldering? That way both are active and you can just hide/cover the OEM board? Me and my soldering iron always end up having a fight.....
Just saw your post now. I guess you could just swap out the LED board BUT my experience with tapping into sources that feed LEDs on these cars can lead to electrical problems as the lamp drivers might not like the extra load.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts