Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my local dealership wants 430$ plus labor for an OEM painted spoiler :huh:. I don't really feel like putting 600+ into this project when I dont have to.

Any suggestions/personal experience with aftermarket spoilers...I want a factory lip style (NOT GO WING). I've seen a few on amazon/ebay that are "OEM style" that are $100+/-. I have no problem taking it to a body shop to get it installed right the first time.

Suggestions/Comments?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
You could post in the parts section to see what folks have available. I'm sure there are few members here that have changed spoilers out and would like to sell there original spoiler.

Best of luck
Jay

·
Registered
860 Posts
My first Challenger was a 2010 with no spoiler. I bought a generic pedestal spoiler off craigslist and found a body shop to paint and install it for $150. A lip spoiler might be cheaper to do. If you do find a used one, you could get any color and plasti-dip it yourself. When I got mine, I hadn't heard about plasti-dip.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I bought a lip spoiler from spoiler wing and king, recommended by another forum member. cost me $100 + shipping BUT it came painted, and the paint matches near perfectly. The only thing about them is that when I took it to my cousin's shop, he said they normally come with a template on where to drill, but this one didnt. They just ended up using some masking tape, finding where to drill, and drilling, no problem.
the spoiler does come with pre-drilled holes for easy install.
cost me $129 total for spoiler, 100 for install, so $229 opposed to the dealers 700ish.

http://spoilerandwingking.com/Dodge-Challenger-2008-2013-Spoiler

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After pricing what it would be to repaint, buy mounting hardware, and install locally one of you guy's OEM spoilers...I think I'm going the SpoilerandWingking or Carid route. Since it will already be paint matched with mounting hardware.

Thanks for the offers guys...But my car is Jazz Blue and the cheapest price I've found locally to repaint is 130$.

·
Registered
140 Posts
When I first got my car I posted in the wanted section for a spoiler. A member here from Chicago sold me a OEM painted spoiler (had the p/n sticker on the bottom) which if you looked it up, you could buy it already painted from the factory for $400, he sold it to me for $191 total with the shipping. Drilled the holes and used new 3M gray double sided tape in the correct locations and installed it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I bought an aftermarket one off fleabay for a little over $100. (lip spoiler) It was already painted to the factory paint code and matched perfectly. I'd recommend you get a body shop to install it as you need to remove the taillight assembly to install a couple of the middle bolts. You can easily install the two end bolts yourself, but in summer weather it will bow up some in the middle on a hot day. (double sided tape might prevent that?)

·
Registered
140 Posts
you need to remove the taillight assembly to install a couple of the middle bolts. (double sided tape might prevent that?)
You do not have to remove the tail light assembly to install a lip style spoiler if it's OEM. The two outer locations are a drill through hole for the M6 studs and nuts. The 3 inner ones are drilled only though the outer skin of the trunk to accept a style of dart clip. On either side of the space between the space of the clips you install 3M gray double sided tape after you have prepped the areas where the tape will be applied the an alcohol swab.
Hope this helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts