Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK hopefully this is an easy question to answer. I formally owned a 2015 challenger scat pack. It was moderately modified to include an unlocked PCM from Diablo. I sold the car and the person who bought It wanted it modded. I recently found the original OEM PCM that I removed from the vehicle.

Not too long after I sold the scat pack I was lucky enough to buy a hellcat. I kept it stock for quite a while and I am now going to begin modding it. My question is can I send that PCM to say Diablo or HP tuners and have it unlocked and reflashed for the Hellcat? Someone local told me I could not, but not sure if that is accurate. It would be nice to only have to spend a couple hundred bucks to have it unlocked and re-flashed. Aren't all these PCM just blanks loaded with data specific for vehicle. I would call Diablo or HP tuners but not sure I would get a straight answer from them since an unlocked hellcat PCM runs several hundred dollars. I'm sure they would want to sell me something for 800 bucks instead of just a $200 service.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Unfortunately your 2015 scatpack pcm won't be compatible with the one in your Hellcat. you can sell the SP PCM in ebay, and fund a Hellcat PCM with that money. What year Hellcat ? the PCM doesn't have to be new, you can buy used. I bought mine used for $169 in ebay (SP PCM since i have an SP), and sent it to HPT for unlocking, (i had Hptuners already), so for me the cost was $169 for the used PCM, $250 HPT unlocking, and $100 credit to license my car with HPT VCM.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately your 2015 scatpack pcm won't be compatible with the one in your Hellcat. you can sell the SP PCM in ebay, and fund a Hellcat PCM with that money. What year Hellcat ? the PCM doesn't have to be new, you can buy used. I bought mine used for $169 in ebay (SP PCM since i have an SP), and sent it to HPT for unlocking, (i had Hptuners already), so for me the cost was $169 for the used PCM, $250 HPT unlocking, and $100 credit to license my car with HPT VCM.
Thanks for the info. I figured as much. Nothing can be that simple lol......to eBay it goes then.

My HC is a 2016

·
Registered
267 Posts
Diablo just reprogrammed an unlocked used PCM I bought for my 16 SRT. It cost $100 for that. But I am not sure the Hellcat is compatible with yours. Just call Diablosport to find out.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thanks for the info. I figured as much. Nothing can be that simple lol......to eBay it goes then.

My HC is a 2016
This is the PCM part number that will fit your year HC, MOPAR 5150872AF

1 - 6 of 6 Posts