Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I'm new to this forum and have recently bought a 2015 challenger sxt plus. It came with an aftermarket mirror that didn't have the uconnect microphone on it, and I really want that feature so I bought the OEM mirror online. I just got it today, but it turns out I cant mount it because, after research, the windshield is aftermarket and has the universal wedge shaped mount for the rear view mirror and not the trilobe lobe that comes on dodge OEM windshields. I tried looking online for any adapters i could use or mounting solutions but i wasn't able to, as they were all for mounting universal mirrors on the OEM windshield, not the other way around. Anyone know of any adapter or mounting method i can use to get past this?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,319 Posts
Welcome to the forum. So you currently have a wedge type mount installed on the window but need the tri lobe type? You're right, I don't think they make an adapter for that. However, can you remove the wedge mount and install a tri lobe (if you can find one). The company in the link seems to have the mounts but my bet is you may need to go to a auto glass installer or a junk yard to get one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts