Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just upgraded tonight to 430RBZ from a 130, seems to be a trend going on right now. I am not sure if anyone can answer this. When unplugging my old radio there was only a white antenna plug connected and not a yellow. I thought the yellow was for satellite radio?

I want to add satellite radio but the dealer is quoting me a 175$ for the antenna...which I know I can find cheaper.

Anyone done this? Anyone have a cheaper alternative if I need the antenna?

(2011 Challenger started with 130 no sirius to start. Upgraded to 430RBZ non-nav.)

Thanks in Advance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I found it on another website for $106, I am just wondering if I am already wired for it? Given the yellow cable in the picture and I just need the outdoor part (which prob isn't sold separately) I obviously don't have that black box that comes with it on my roof though.

·
Registered
2015 R/T Classic Sublime
103 Posts
Problem being now for you is if its wired in already to the factory location its sitting behind the headliner. From what I am finding you are going to have to drill to connect wire to the antenna. Might be better off with the kit and run it to the trunk lid. Personally rather drill my trunk then my roof.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, I was thinking...(gets me in trouble) Maybe the center speaker grill as a possible location without drilling the hole I am not sure how reception would be through the holes of the grill. I have read somewhere other cars do this...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bought a antenna for a pioneer head unit the plug is almost the same but you will have to trim a tab off of the radio for it to slide on and lock in place and I just have it sitting on the dash in the corner of the window and A pillarhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Pioneer-Pink-Car-Antenna-for-XM-Satellite-Digital-Tuner-GEX-P920XM-/380863586275?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58ad3d1fe3

·
Registered
14,492 Posts
Yea, I was thinking...(gets me in trouble) Maybe the center speaker grill as a possible location without drilling the hole I am not sure how reception would be through the holes of the grill. I have read somewhere other cars do this...
It may work but nothing will be as good as having it on the roof. Don't sweat it and it will look factory anyway, much better looking than putting it on the trunk or something and on the dash will never work as good as on the roof. GPS antenna on/under dash? Maybe ok, but Sat antenna? Has to be on roof imho.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts