Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,
Has anyone had the factory scat pack decal/stripes applied at a later date after taking ownership of the car. I wish I had not chosen the decal delete upon ordering my 16 PCP build.
If so, how much did it. OST and did you use a dealer or some other body shop do the application.
I would due a full detail and paint correction prior to the application to avoid bubbles or other imperfections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
It really depends on which decals you want. For example, the OEM hood decal is about 300 bucks while the trunk decals are a little less than that. Installation will vary but a good vinyl shop will likely run you $150 for install.

If you are willing to learn, the process isn't hard but takes patience and some confidence. It's common for a few tiny bubbles to be trapped under the decal but they will bake out in the sun within a few days.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Hello folks,
Has anyone had the factory scat pack decal/stripes applied at a later date after taking ownership of the car. I wish I had not chosen the decal delete upon ordering my 16 PCP build.
If so, how much did it. OST and did you use a dealer or some other body shop do the application.
I would due a full detail and paint correction prior to the application to avoid bubbles or other imperfections.

I had my tailband installed after I got the car. I got such a good deal on the car that I overcooked the fact it didn't have the appearance group package like I wanted. I asked the dealer if they knew anyone that did the install and used him. He did it right there at the dealership when I took ownership of the car. If I recall correctly it was a little over $200 like $225 or something. Took him about an hour to do and looks perfect.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,136 Posts
You also might want to check your area to see if they have any places that wraps cars and get some install pricing from them too.

We have a couple of those in our area that both make them and install them.

The bonus of having it done in one place is that if something happens to them, they can't play the blame game. What I mean is the installer says that it's the stripes, while the stripe company says that it was the installer because it was done by the same company.

Just food for thought. :cheers:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Interesting, I plan on having the tail stripe removed soon after I get my car. I may also do full length stripes at the same time, maybe a later date.

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
You also might want to check your area to see if they have any places that wraps cars and get some install pricing from them too.

We have a couple of those in our area that both make them and install them.

The bonus of having it done in one place is that if something happens to them, they can't play the blame game. What I mean is the installer says that it's the stripes, while the stripe company says that it was the installer because it was done by the same company.

Just food for thought. :cheers:

This can be true with certain stripes, but these have special angles cut into them where they change direction going over the body line on the quarter panels. Most of our customers do their own installs and have great results. We include installation instructions and a squeegee as well. Also, we have had customers that did not want to do the install have very good results using a local window tint shop to install our stripes. I have much positive feedback from installers and I install them myself for local dealers, so I need to be accurate and have a great fit.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,136 Posts
This can be true with certain stripes, but these have special angles cut into them where they change direction going over the body line on the quarter panels. Most of our customers do their own installs and have great results. We include installation instructions and a squeegee as well. Also, we have had customers that did not want to do the install have very good results using a local window tint shop to install our stripes. I have much positive feedback from installers and I install them myself for local dealers, so I need to be accurate and have a great fit.
I didn't mean to come across that I was talking about your business/product and if it sounds like that, then I Apologize. :cheers:

I was just speaking about that option. I've had friends that this has happened to and just wanted to make it aware.

I believe that the stripes would go on fairly easily, as long as you measure, measure and then measure again before installing them. Then you take your time and do it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all for the valuable info! Going to do the decals in spring when the temps go up here in WI

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Be careful if you go with the full length trunk stripes. On several local cars, the guys who extended their factory stripes to full length have run into a problem. Road debris kicked up from the rear tires make those extensions appear as if they have been blasted with buckshot. I suspect this is why Dodge didn't elect to extend the stripe down the entire rear quarter panel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts