Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I’m installing this in a 2017 Challenger that does not have XM, and doing the head unit upgrade. The antenna has two lines coming out of it. Anyone know if they BOTH need to be hooked up? If one is XM what does the other line do? Thanks

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hi Paul,
If you can, I'd check with your FCA dealership and ask them if they can get you a wiring schematic for the antenna. I did find these schematics. I hope this helps.
Rick

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks. Won’t pull up on my phone. I’ll try my computer. I did get the UAQinstalled byBest Buy but I do not believe correctly. The nav will not connect and thinks I’m in TX even thoughI am in IN. The person who sold me the radio says that these 2 leads coming off the antenna, must be combined and plugged into the mustard yellow port in the radio. I can’t find a cord that will do this. He says I should have gotten the antenna with one line only.

·
Registered
8 Posts
@[email protected] Did you solve this??? I bought a 2019 SXT and said UCONNECT, so I didn't ay attention...pisses me off...mine is the 7" screen. so with all the research I have done... you NEED the Shark Fin antenna..it has the cell signal needed for the uconnect guardian. I am trying to figure out if the wiring harness needs replaced. I am upgrading to the 8.4" through infotainment...it has the apps, but I don't have the Shark Fin nor the rear view mirror with the SOS and ASSIST buttons. So any help you can provide would be great. I really want to have the mobile access with Siriusxm Guardian/uconnect……….I have XM right now, but not the proper antenna nor screen.

·
Registered
397 Posts
there are actually several very long threads on this. Yes both go into the radio. One is for XM the other is for Nav. The radio side is color and orientation coded so the tan goes in the tan the blue into the blue and so on. In one of the writeups I believe they actually connect to 2 others under the dash and you need an extension part number the dealer should have. You can do the extension your self but that requires more know how on your part. I would have to find it to be sure. The write up was done in the early 17's and was done on a 16, its in a pdf and has all the part numbers needed from the dealer to do it.

Ron

·
Registered
8 Posts
there are actually several very long threads on this. Yes both go into the radio. One is for XM the other is for Nav. The radio side is color and orientation coded so the tan goes in the tan the blue into the blue and so on. In one of the writeups I believe they actually connect to 2 others under the dash and you need an extension part number the dealer should have. You can do the extension your self but that requires more know how on your part. I would have to find it to be sure. The write up was done in the early 17's and was done on a 16, its in a pdf and has all the part numbers needed from the dealer to do it.

Ron
I've looked and couldn't find any write ups.. if you come across them, post so I can read up on them.

Are all harnesses already in the car?? Or do I need to buy harnesses for swapping the shark fin, etc ?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Here is the link to the forum post with the pdf. I did not read the whole think as it is very very long. I do believe though this is the pdf I read several years ago that had that information in it.

Ron

·
Registered
397 Posts
It not letting me edit the post but one note is the part number for the fin is by color so if you get a part number for the fin of the pdf, you NEED to have the dealer look up the correct color part number or you may get a fin that is 1. black or 2. one that does not match your car.

Ron

·
Registered
8 Posts
Gotcha.. Thanks for your help. Im doing a bunch of research... I was tricked into getting my car without the 8.4 Guardian......smh. ...so I am trying to add it. Hardest parts are knowing if the wiring harnesses are there, and just need to buy parts, or if I need harnesses to and will it work for Nav, Guardian, uconnect app., etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank You. I read and didn't see anything about adding a mirror. I will look for these wires and see if I can just add the Shark Fin and Radio to get what I need. I am worried though, the last part says factory reset the radio... if its already programmed from infotainment, I'd hate to lose anything.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hmm I am not sure about the Gardian stuff and that requires data from Dodge and SXM. The right up is for 16's and 16's dont have the Gardian stuff. I would bet though that if the car did not come with that feature enabled then its not going to work even if you get all that hooked up and the radio working.

Ron

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hmm I am not sure about the Gardian stuff and that requires data from Dodge and SXM. The right up is for 16's and 16's dont have the Gardian stuff. I would bet though that if the car did not come with that feature enabled then its not going to work even if you get all that hooked up and the radio working.

Ron
I would think it would...its just components that need a signal. Its a 7.0" screen 2019... upgrading to a 2019 8.4 screen.. it needs the tri- band signal. The SXT can be ordered with the 8.4... so I assume all main wirings are there.. the shark fin is the tri-band signal. My car already has "uconnect" and XM radio.. so its not like its plain jane stock model.. i will test and report back though. Lol. Thanks for your help.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts