Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Phantom Black SXT+ 100th Anniversay
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to pass along the simple tip that I did when I installed my Mopar splash guards on my 2014. Instead of using those big plastic rivets I bought these:
GOOACC Nylon Bumper Fastener... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0017UBHQS?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Simple just push them on and they’re not going anywhere. No having to take the wheels off or buy any special tools. If others use those same plastic rivets, these should work fine for you.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,184 Posts
Mine flaps did not fit at all, I must be stupid...

·
Registered
97 Posts
So you just took out the old rivets and replaced them with those?

What about the spot where its supposed to be drilled?

·
Registered
Phantom Black SXT+ 100th Anniversay
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My car did not come with splash guards so I ordered a set of OEM for My 2014. The kit came with those huge plastic rivets that require a special tool. I just replace those rivets with these push fasteners and they hold very strong. Because they had such a good holding power for the rear ones along with the 3M double-sided tape that is provided I didn’t bother doing the third hole drill so no need to remove the rear wheels. They hold great and it took about 10 minutes to put them all on.

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
So you just took out the old rivets and replaced them with those?

What about the spot where its supposed to be drilled?
On the front? I just went a little lower and inboard with the fastener, used the plastic rivets like you buy at Harbor Freight, and drilled thru the plastic fender liner. No holes thru the metal for me. It's holding up just fine after 3 years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts