Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing a project in my trunk that will require building a speaker box that I'd like to cover in the same OEM trunk carpet material. I want it to look factory and blend in. Yes, I'm neurotic that way.

Anyone have an idea on where to find an exact match for the OEM carpet? I do not need the insulation jute, just the carpet as a perfect match.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,825 Posts
How about a salvage yard to source the exact material?

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I thought of that but wonder if I'll be able to get big enough pieces without the molded in bends and shapes. I roll would be easier but a salvage yard may be the only option?

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Have you thought about contacting anybody or business in your area that does automobile interior work?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Try Hobby Lobby, grey charcoal felt. Its as close to a match that you will find.
Thanks- I did. Pretty close match and since the unit will sit up and under the package tray, it will probably blend in.

Thanks for the lead!

·
Registered
Plum 2019 SXT AWD
190 Posts
I bought a few colors from this place, they also sell a sample kit with all the colors. I can check tomorrow and see how close a match the, I think I used charcoal, was. Each side of the pieces are a slightly different shade too. I would be weary of felt if you are putting it in an area that could get wet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts