Dodge Challenger Forum banner

141 - 160 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but you are running the 315/35R20 in the rear on the 10.5, what are you using up front?

Looking into to the FR 9.5 and 10.5 wheels, not sure what tire and size to go with in the rear. 315's seem to be the limit and some have to trim the inner liners.
I am running 275/40R20's in the front on 20x9.5's. These are the Factory Replica wheels with 15mm offset in the front and 25mm in the rear. I originally ordered Wheel Replicas 9.5 front/11 rears, then bought my tires. Those wheels were on indefinite backorder so I switched to the FR's 9.5/10.5. I was very concerned about running 315/35's on them, but also didn't want to return the tires. They fit the wheel fine. I personally would not have liked the look of a 305/35's, which is what I would have bought if I knew I was getting 10.5's. The Nankangs have a very large rim protector lip on them which makes the tread and sidewall all flat with the rim. I don't feel like the 25mm offset is quite enough, but 28mm would be about the max. Conversely, if I would have gotten the 11" wheels I would have had to run 5mm wheel spacers. Space wise, you shouldn't have issues if you have a 2015+. Prior years have a smaller wheel well and a larger lip on the quarter panel.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Here's a few pics around Hawaii.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Your car will be the talk of the town there, Kirk.
Thanks Al.

Looks awesome! What tires are you running in the rear?
Thanks. I'm running Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 285/35's in the front and 305/30's in the rear.

Can you send a head on picture? I'm liking what I'm seeing with that grille up front covering the lights. Where did you get it?
I got the grill from Fedar. I don't have any head on shots but you can see some here:
https://www.google.com/search?q=fedar+challenger+grill&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjiu9S9kt_UAhVRVWMKHQAJB6IQ_AUIBygC&biw=1254&bih=875&dpr=1#imgrc=_&spf=1498604994748

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger RT
1,066 Posts
I like the granite crystal. I ordered that paint to do stripes and the wheels on my wife's Camaro in that color. Her car is the dark blue (Imperial Blue Metallic) and I want darker wheels and stripes on the hood so I think the granite crystal with a very fine red pinstripe outline will really work. I'll post pics when I"m finished.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I saw a 100th anniversary R/T at weIrwindale Raceway last Saturday. It had 100th anniversary callouts on both front fenders. I didn't notice the wheel caps.
The previous owner had a body wrap on it and removed the fender emblems. I have them on order. I love the rims and will probably order an extra set of center caps while they are still available in case something happens to these.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
My latest updated Challacuda picture. I added a MOPAR T/A aluminum hood. In a few weeks I will have a new set of 18" Shelby Cobra wheels that are being custom made at American Racing. Hoping it comes out ok, or else I will be selling some wheels, real cheap !

Attachments

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Here she is with her 18" Shelby Wheels. I will being installing some PIAA driving lights and my exterior mods are completed !! ****I may install some hood pins, not sure yet.***

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,267 Posts
Completed...

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,456 Posts
Here she is with her 18" Shelby Wheels. I will being installing some PIAA driving lights and my exterior mods are completed !! ****I may install some hood pins, not sure yet.***

I Really like the billboards that you've done. They look Great with the Granite.

The wheels remind me of the wheels that are on the Eleanor GT500 Mustangs, but your Challenger pulls them off Very Nicely and adds to the retro Challenger look. I like them.

Nice job and like A Guy said....Done! That's a good one! :D

141 - 160 of 189 Posts