Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I was looking for a 392 back in 2014 when I found my shaker. Now I'm making it mine, and keeping it. If I get another vehicle, I want an old Willys jeep to beat around in, and any will do as long as there are no problems with the drive train.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
I'm 68. I think I'll keep my '16 SRT 392 that I just bought new last July. What else could I ask for?
What more can you ask for?Are you nuts?

2012 srt Challenger
2006 Tor Red Daytona Diablo tune,RSAs,,K&N CAI,headers,drilled slotted rotors
1970 RT Challenger 440
1970 Road Runner 440
94 Ram Cummins-44pds Boost,800lbs tq,Big smoke-car killer
14 RT Durango
07 SRT 300 >:)

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
When I bought my Scat Pack Shaker last march I thought that I had all the cars I wanted or would ever need as I hold on to cars I like for ever. I have my first car a 1957 Oldsmobile Rocket 88 with the J2 Rocket engine and manual trans bought in 1978. My second car a 1964 Starfire convertible bought in 1982 and my third car a 1957 Oldsmobile Fiesta station wagon bought in 1985. My DD a 2013 Focus ST, and my new fair weather fun car a 2016 Challenger 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker M6. But Recent left Knee trouble has made me decide that my love for manual transmission cars must be set aside and I must trade in my DD Focus ST M6 no matter how much I love this torquey 2.0L turbo hot hatch for a car with an automatic. So remembering how nice the A8 transmission worked in the Challenger Scat Pack I test drove because the dealer did not have a M6 Challenger on the lot. That I will trade up just one time and get the newest and the latest muscle car and the first of it's kind the 2017 Challenger GT AWD! I am just deciding what color to order it will most likely be Redline Red as I had wanted it on my SPS but it was not an option on the Shaker model for some reason so I got my second choice Granite crystal metallic.

Attachments

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'm keeping my 15 R/T it's what I have wanted since they came out and it's in the color I wanted Tor Red. Just starting to some mods under the hood so I'm in for the long haul.

·
Super Moderator
12,931 Posts
Plus I just had a slip/fall on ice walking at beginning of week, dislocated elbow and fracture - so I can't drive my SPS, since its 'stick...

Thankfully my other car is 'auto, so I can still get around
Sorry to hear that Hal. Hope you're feeling better soon :thumbsup:

A Guy

·
Registered
363 Posts
Like the saying goes...."it's cheaper to keep her."

Back in July I traded my 2011 Challenger R/T Classic for a 2016 Chevy SS. I wish I hadn't.

Thank God I got a great deal on the SS because when we rescued a Lab/Mix puppy that turns out is part Great Dane, the SS just got traded for a Durango R/T.

So now I'm driving our '13 Charger R/T for a couple of years and will target a Challenger SRT -new or used - in 2019.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not so sure here, really happy I chose the Challenger. Its an awesome ride from the old school looks, awesome 392 Hemi, really nice interior and great retro colors. I just wish I had considered the A8. I was dead set on the M6 before I bought the car but now wish I had the A8 so if I can swing a deal without losing my shirt on the Scat Pack I would like to get another Challenger with the A8.

Still will have my Chevelle which has a 4 speed so when I feel like shifting gears I can always take that out.

Seeing all these great deals guys are getting and how many 2016 Hellcats are still sitting on dealer lots has me thinking and wishing. A $70k car even with some great discounts is still a lot of money though so no new HC for me yet.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
No No No!!! I've put way to much time and money into my car to trade it away, It's original ... and paid off! Besides ... I'm not done modding yet

·
Super Moderator
12,931 Posts

A Guy :wink3:

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
No trade up for me. I got the car I wanted and I had it supercharged. I may decide to mod it a little bit more down the line, but it's not going anywhere.

Besides, I was never really a joiner. I don't care who drives what and I have no need to be part of a group that has the latest and greatest.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
YA.. I got way way to much in my car to trade.. loose my you know what.. besides.. there will always be the next latest and greatest..

my next car purchase will be for the wife.. she is overdue.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I bought my SP last year with the idea being to keep it since N/A big V8s are not going to be around much longer and rather than get a sports car with one I wanted a muscle car that I can do road trips in without feeling like I have done Le Mans. I have no intention of trading it up because an extra 200bhp for a Hellcat would just go to waste like most of the power the 392 develops anyway.

If I wanted to trade up every few years I would have leased it.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I always sell my cars eventually and move on. I'll probably keep this one though, I ordered it exactly how I wanted it, it even has my name on the window sticker. Plus, it's paid for and like A Guy just posted, I'm not done modding yet. I bought it to be my daily driver, but this summer I bought a used pickup, so now it's my hobby car.

However, I do seem to have a Jazz Blue SRT 392 on my mind a lot lately. Too bad (or maybe it's be a good thing) that I only have a 3 car garage.

·
Registered
61 Posts
not done on making it mine, when that time comes it will go to the boy. he hopes sooner than later.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm not planning on upgrading to the latest and greatest either. I still need to start modding it. Tires/Rims first. Supercharger eventually.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts