Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
The only thing i regret about my car is the interior, I do hate that i got the last year of the old interior, I REALLY love the new ones... :)

·
Premium Member
5,637 Posts
Your car may like the additional mods, but I'm not sure your signature can handle them !

Sounds like a nice ride.

He and his car will do fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I've already made too many moves to upgrade to what I have. While a couple of moves were the result of damaged vehicles, I think my wife would leave and/or kill me if I did it again. I started with new 5.0 Mustangs in 2011 (see signature) and moved on to the new '16 Scat Pack I traded up for this past September. I have every possible option you can get on a Scat Pack with the exception of the HK stereo so I have nothing to complain about. I miss having a manual transmission in my Challenger at times, but I love the A8 as well so I know I wouldn't be satisfied either way. I miss the dash my '13 R/T Plus but I prefer the ergonomics and the quality of the new interior. Plus the new gauges are just plain cooler than the old ones. There will always be something to wish for so I'm sticking with my '16.

Plus, I still have my high school ride (1966 Mustang GT) so I've managed to hold on to one car since I bought it in the 1990's. It's also a manual if I need to scratch that itch. Some pics of the Mustang from the restoration that began in the mid/late 1990s (note it's not a single exhaust on the car, the tip rusted off) to a shot with my old 2013 R/T. The one shot is from my Mustang's feature in Muscle Car Review magazine where it had a one page feature in their "Homegrown Heroes" section.

**Side note** In that shed just past my cut up car is a 1973 Challenger and in the barn out of view is a 1971 340 'Cuda. That Cuda is what solidified my desire to own some Mopar muscle some day.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Super satisfied with the SRT

Got my 2016 Challenger after waffling for 5 years.The 2016 SRT put it all together just right in my view. The retro look, interior, power level and just plain fun to drive factor are plenty for me to keep her for many years. Let the power-hungry haggle over the new Demon and what ever comes out next year to top it! :smile:

·
Registered
9,055 Posts
Ironically Bob who started this thread just traded up to more horsepower>:)....Just kidding you Elpasso....I don't blame you...Ha Ha

Big day for Bob today! I'm betting he didn't sleep well last night.............maybe "camped out" at the dealership, so he can pick up his new beast first thing this morning! LOL

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Big day for Bob today! I'm betting he didn't sleep well last night.............maybe "camped out" at the dealership, so he can pick up his new beast first thing this morning! LOL
Yes I'm excited, spent the day taking off my bolt on Mods on my RT and took her to dinner. Looking forward to peeling off the Shaker stripes, adding my signature side stripes, bolting on some Mods and making the new car mine. Actually I had to locate a 16 White SPS with leather in San Marcos Texas, 588 miles away. The dealer is trucking the SPS in. If they're not done prepping the new car today, me and my old RT are going to the Drags for a last TNT tonight.
Also looking forward to comparing the performance on the new car, I have road coursed and drag strip raced my RT and plan to do the Same with the SPS and compare the numbers.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I'm still loving my R/T. I thought really hard about trading it for a 392 SRT, but then I came to realize that I already own a Challenger. So instead, I'm searching for a prestine SRT-6 to add to my garage as a toy to mod. Something like this.

·
Registered
9,055 Posts
Yes I'm excited, spent the day taking off my bolt on Mods on my RT and took her to dinner. Looking forward to peeling off the Shaker stripes, adding my signature side stripes, bolting on some Mods and making the new car mine. Actually I had to locate a 16 White SPS with leather in San Marcos Texas, 588 miles away. The dealer is trucking the SPS in. If they're not done prepping the new car today, me and my old RT are going to the Drags for a last TNT tonight.
Also looking forward to comparing the performance on the new car, I have road coursed and drag strip raced my RT and plan to do the Same with the SPS and compare the numbers.

Bob, I think that you'll be pleased, and pleasantly surprised in many ways.

My only tip is that after you push the start button, push the Sport Mode button. That's the only way that I drive my Scat Pack.............."puttering" around, and on all roads. I just can't let that 392 go into MDS. All 8 hitting is just SO pleasurable :)

·
Super Moderator
14,431 Posts
Bob - enjoy the new car.

I remember this thread - and the irony of your post yesterday of the "oil change"...you barely made it 4 months after the proclamation, but hey...the "bark" of the 392 is hard to ignore...

You'll enjoy the SP Shaker - once you get some miles on it and can open it up. There's differences you'll notice, trust me.
PS: launch control isn't enabled until 500mi

There's several levels of break-in recommendations for the 392 compared to the 5.7.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I am very satisfied with my ride and have no intention of upgrading when something newer or better comes out. I went into Challenger ownership with an SXT, but then I realized that I would have way more fun if the sound matched the car, so I upgraded to a HEMI and upgraded the exhaust. Like most on the board I bought something that was practical for me. I am not a track guy, I just grew up in the heart of the muscle car era and have loved and pined for the new Challenger since its announcement in 2006. I have done a few mods but nothing extreme. I still have my eyes on a set of brass monkey wheels but that will have to wait for next years tax refund. Besides the thought of losing tens of thousands in depreciation the first few years on SRTs scared me away from the upper echelon.

When it came time for a new car this go around, my kids (3 in college and 1 going into her senior year in HS) pushed me into my dream car and I am very thankful for that. No regrets.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Bob - enjoy the new car.

I remember this thread - and the irony of your post yesterday of the "oil change"...you barely made it 4 months after the proclamation, but hey...the "bark" of the 392 is hard to ignore...

You'll enjoy the SP Shaker - once you get some miles on it and can open it up. There's differences you'll notice, trust me.
PS: launch control isn't enabled until 500mi

There's several levels of break-in recommendations for the 392 compared to the 5.7.
Don't tell anyone, but I traded in an SXT last year for the RT I just traded, WTF is wrong with me?

Oh, nothing

·
Super Moderator
14,431 Posts
Don't tell anyone, but I traded in an SXT last year for the RT I just traded, WTF is wrong with me?

Oh, nothing
We just need to keep you away from the dealers...

otherwise, you're going to blow through that retirement fund in Challengers;)

·
Super Moderator
12,988 Posts
He succumbed to the Dark Side...

Mark my words, I'm not trading for the next best thing. Plan is either old guy looks really cool in shiny black Challenger, or really ridiculous looking old guy. I'll be old, and will have a shiny black Challenger, so figure either way I won't care :D

A Guy

61 - 75 of 75 Posts