Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
And to answer your question about Alphabetical play order when you choose Folder: When you click a folder and open it in Windows.. the files display in alphabetical order, right?
As far as files not showing even tho they have a folder: Couple of possibilities. If you can remember it's something you added to USB at a later time - try reboot of uconnect. I would suggest you investigate the file in iTunes. If its an album with various artists, it should be inside COMPILATION folder of your iTunes computer (right click song in iTunes and choose Show In Windows Explorer, and the file tree path should show at top) If you have ever made changes in iTunes to/from Compilation, it will take Various Artist albums and put each song file in individual folders under Artist outside of Compilation folder. Re-check Compilation option and it will move song back together inside Compilation folder and leave ghost folders if you have no other songs by that artist.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Haha... sorry for delay. Since it's her Jeep and NotMyCar I had to go verify Yes. press those two in and count to 5. Uconnect screen will obviously reboot. And give it 10 minutes to read info and sort and create SQL file it stores in vehicle memory.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Thanks for the reboot idea. I'll try that tomorrow when I take the car out. I'll touch base after that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Saetta,
I'm a hopeless Blackberry clinger. There isn't even a Uconnect App for Blackberry OS 10.2 I drive a 2000 Lexus. The Grand Cherokee is hers. Since it's NotMyCar, I don't use daily I don't have a valid response to your question. I don't plug in. When I've connected via Bluetooth, never had any issue with music resuming after a call.

I do know she has all kinds of hell with connector to her Samsung. It constantly looses charge connection, so it switches to/from phone trying to play music so fast that nothing plays at all! So again, no valid response. Sorry.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Tried the reboot, no joy. I was looking through " my music " folder where I actually store all my music files. It's a bit of a mess in there with a mix of hard disk ripped WMA files, iTunes, and Max Recorder. Everything would be so much easier if all my songs would play in Windows Media Player. That way I could just sync from one location. Easy - Peazy. Frigging iTunes. MP4a my foot! If I paid for it it's MINE to do with as I please. Thanks for the " get info " idea in iTunes. Still kinda trying to wrap my head around how to implement that. I've already invested hours in manually updata meta - data and album artwork. Still feels like I've got a long way to go. Unfortunately, my patience only goes so far.

Insert USB
Format
Copy & Paste music files
Eject
Boom...Done
I guess that's just too easy.

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
Tried the reboot, no joy. I was looking through " my music " folder where I actually store all my music files. It's a bit of a mess in there with a mix of hard disk ripped WMA files, iTunes, and Max Recorder. Everything would be so much easier if all my songs would play in Windows Media Player. That way I could just sync from one location. Easy - Peazy. Frigging iTunes. MP4a my foot! If I paid for it it's MINE to do with as I please. Thanks for the " get info " idea in iTunes. Still kinda trying to wrap my head around how to implement that. I've already invested hours in manually updata meta - data and album artwork. Still feels like I've got a long way to go. Unfortunately, my patience only goes so far.

Insert USB
Format
Copy & Paste music files
Eject
Boom...Done
I guess that's just too easy.
I'm the last guy that chime in as I'm computer illiterate. All my music is either ripped from CD collection or purchased from I tunes. I just went to files, this PC, iTunes, iTunes media, music and dragged and dropped it into the flash drive.
In plugged into U-connect, its in order as its in the computer. Every band folder is there, and when clicked all the albums are there. Yes, if I don't click artist it will play the album chosen in alphabetical order. Why I have no clue. I just hit artist and reselect the the album I want to listen to, and it will play as intended.

As for the album art. That was a head scratcher. There was no rhyme or reason that some albums would show, and some wouldn't. And since I'm not all there, seeing the little box with music notes bothered me, I had to figure out why. The only thing I can think of, and I can be way off base here. But I believe it to be the size of the album art, might be too big for the UConnect. So I experimented, and it seemed to work, as I got every cd on the drive to show album art.

·
Registered
7 Posts
For me its be a labor of love. I would be embarrassed to say how many hours I have spent with my music. I've been collecting for 20 years. Only 70 of my 120 gig of music is loaded in iTunes and song count surpasses 30,000. I have had countless softwares over the years to achieve sorting, re-sizing, tagging metadata, etc. I used Musicmatch for a very long time until it was phased out. Media Monkey has alot of functionality, but never cared for using it. I seem to be doing okay now using iTunes (not as much functionality as long ago) and mp3tag. Mp3tag will allow populating metadata on a single song or whole album. You can also rename the file in windows if you want the filename to indicate Artist - Album - Track No - Song Title in windows (I'm OCD that way). It also makes removing and adding album art easy (just locate acceptable size via google image) and it displays the pixel size so no hunting for it. I will put it this way.... when you purchase via iTunes, it should be effortless because most info will be present and make this process much much easier. And Steeler, you are correct in that when you locate THAT Music folder in your file tree and copy it to your USB/SD Card - that file tree is read by uConnect with little to no problems. (See my original post regarding album art) I never used Windows Media Player due to lack of functionality mentioned above, and it's willingness to share, and cache music, pictures, and video - some that maybe shouldn't be.

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
For me its be a labor of love. I would be embarrassed to say how many hours I have spent with my music. I've been collecting for 20 years. Only 70 of my 120 gig of music is loaded in iTunes and song count surpasses 30,000. I have had countless softwares over the years to achieve sorting, re-sizing, tagging metadata, etc. I used Musicmatch for a very long time until it was phased out. Media Monkey has alot of functionality, but never cared for using it. I seem to be doing okay now using iTunes (not as much functionality as long ago) and mp3tag. Mp3tag will allow populating metadata on a single song or whole album. You can also rename the file in windows if you want the filename to indicate Artist - Album - Track No - Song Title in windows (I'm OCD that way). It also makes removing and adding album art easy (just locate acceptable size via google image) and it displays the pixel size so no hunting for it. I will put it this way.... when you purchase via iTunes, it should be effortless because most info will be present and make this process much much easier. And Steeler, you are correct in that when you locate THAT Music folder in your file tree and copy it to your USB/SD Card - that file tree is read by uConnect with little to no problems. (See my original post regarding album art) I never used Windows Media Player due to lack of functionality mentioned above, and it's willingness to share, and cache music, pictures, and video - some that maybe shouldn't be.
I was able to fix the the album art problem in iTunes, basically how you mentioned. I downloaded a smaller size image. Then went to that album in iTunes, deleted the artwork and inserted the saved file from my downloads. Then of course I had to delete the album from the flash drive, and then drag the updated album back in. It took a while they all work.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Random possibly dumb question; when playing from a flash drive is there a random play option? (more than a week before my car arrives).
There is - wish I could give you better details but it is there. Either on the main screen showing what is being played or under "options" - I can't recall.

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Thanks for the reply's, I am past listening to music one album at a time and like the "shuffle" option much better, you have set me at ease.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,267 Posts
Just as in the 2015/16 while on the media screen, shuffle button is upper right. Small pix of 17 blown up, poor quality ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maximum capacity of any external memory storage device that Uconnect system supports

All

Wanted to share - got a "final" answer from Chrysler about SD cards and UCONNECT for my new 2015 Challenger SRT 392 (what a car!!!) :grin2:

---------------

Thank you for contacting the Dodge Customer Assistance Center.

Congratulations on the purchase of your new vehicle.

The Maximum capacity of any external memory storage device that Uconnect
system supports should not exceed 32 GB. Uconnect system recognizes and
plays MP3 and WMA format music files.

I suggest making folders, each not exceeding 255 songs and no more than
10 folders per SD card/USB flash drive.

I use a 64GB Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB formatted to NTFS and it reads MP3 ok. Also, I used Sandisk Exteme USB 3.0 64GB and it works too. So formatting the SD or USB to NTFS and Uconnect will read either. I have a 2016 Dodge Challenger.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts