Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,839 Posts
I parked next to a Tor Red car and I swear it looked Orange next to my red line red.
True - Redline Red Tri-Coat has a much darker base plus there's light and darker red metallic particles in that paint.

Torred certainly has some yellow mixed in that brightens up that color - I'm glad its not like the Ford "bright red" that was used in the 80s and 90s - it had more violet pigment and was more like tail light red. Kind of a dull shade of that color family.

I nicknamed it "dead red"

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
My 2019 Torred Widebody Scat Pack
Slm427 that's exactly what I'm waiting for. My Torred Widebody scatpack with no sunroof is waiting to be built at the currently shut down Brampton Canada plant. This adds anothet 2 weeks to my already grueling wait!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Miss my Tored Scatpack. Write it Red. 3 Challengers in 6 years. Never got a ticket but it’s the only one I got pulled over in. Cops see those red cars a mile away.
Thats why I call it arrest me red!

·
Registered
310 Posts
My 2019 Torred Widebody Scat Pack
I ordered the same exact color 2019 TorRed Widebody Scat Pack just like yours. I was at the Dodge dealer today and I saw a 2019 TorRed RT Challenger on the lot. It was manufactured on 3/19. I can swear that the car on the lot wasn't as bright red like the older TorRed from 2018. The TorRed Challenger on the lot looked a little darker like a deep color red than the TorRed that I know of which looked much brighter. Did Dodge take out the brightness from the TorRed color for 2019 and make it a deeper color red? I used to own a 2008 TorRed Charger and it looked much brighter than the 2019 TorRed Challenger RT that I saw on the dealer lot today. Why did Dodge take away the brightness of TorRed color for 2019? It doesn't look the TorRed that I know of. It now looks like a deep color red. Does anybody in here know if Dodge made the TorRed a darker deep red for the 2nd half of the 2019 year?

·
Super Moderator
14,839 Posts
I ordered the same exact color 2019 TorRed Widebody Scat Pack just like yours. I was at the Dodge dealer today and I saw a 2019 TorRed RT Challenger on the lot. It was manufactured on 3/19. I can swear that the car on the lot wasn't as bright red like the older TorRed from 2018. The TorRed Challenger on the lot looked a little darker like a deep color red than the TorRed that I know of which looked much brighter. Did Dodge take out the brightness from the TorRed color for 2019 and make it a deeper color red? I used to own a 2008 TorRed Charger and it looked much brighter than the 2019 TorRed Challenger RT that I saw on the dealer lot today. Why did Dodge take away the brightness of TorRed color for 2019? It doesn't look the TorRed that I know of. It now looks like a deep color red. Does anybody in here know if Dodge made the TorRed a darker deep red for the 2nd half of the 2019 year?
I parked in front of a '19 SP WB in Torred - looks just like my '16 SPS that is Torred.

lighting (cloudy / sunny, under a roof canopy) will make this color look lighter or darker

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,861 Posts
Looks kind of orangish >:)

A Guy

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yes it's supposed to look a little orangy. However, the 2019 Challenger that's TorRed doesn't look a little orangy. What I want to confirm and verify from someone in here is whether or not the new 2019 Challenger that's built in March and April of 2019 thats TorRed still has that orangy tint in it. Does anybody in here know?

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Looks kind of orangish >:)

A Guy

That's what Torred looks like, if it is Torred it is Torred (orangish), if it is not orangish it is not Torred and it will have another name, the names are linked to the colors formulas so if it is different it will have a new name or match an existing name. which ever the case may be.

·
Registered
13,965 Posts
Here's some 2019 TorRed cars, maybe just the camera or the lighting makes some look different but it's the same PR3 paint code so color is the same.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yesterday at the dealer, in the garage, a go man go ws a couple of lifts down, mine was really red compared to that, in a dark dingy shop on a slightly overcast morning.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts