Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok as we all know not many wheel offerings in the bolt pattern of the challengers so there for I had to look outside and found a set with the dreaded 5x114 bolt pattern. No need to lecture me on the "dangers" since I've read most of the pro's/con's threads....so my question is it his :

19x9.5 (yes you read that right) with a +12 or +22 for the front? I know 3mm hub centric will change that to +9 and +19 right so which one and with or without hub centrics?

Now for the rear it will be 19x11 with +15 or +25? Again same rules apply for the 3mm hub centric added for the rears.

Keep in mind I would like the flush look, not worried about lolling fenders and debating about tiny stretched tires or big beefy but not beefy to.make me some-what slushy. Also I have peddlers lowering springs on front and rear with novamats shocks on rears.

Thanks in advance, Furious

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Hi,
Prolly no responses because there are tons on wheel choices in the correct size and 19" leaves you with very limited and expensive tire choices. I would go with 18" or 20" and forget about 19". If you get 9" wheels you will need offset of ~20. Good luck with your mod!

·
Registered
267 Posts
If it helps,

Stock SRT rims are 9" wide and have a 25.5 offset.

Good luck with the 11" rims.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
sorry sort of highjacking this thread, but I don't knoiw anything about offsets and such.

my R/T has 20 x 8 factory wheels with a +24mm offset and 245/45/20 tires.

can I install WP3 SRT factory wheels 20 x 9 with a +25.5mm offset with 255/45/20's all around
with no rubbing issues? (front particularly)

I understand the offset will make the tire/wheel 1.5mm closer to the steering knuckle but is the offset
measured from the center of the wheel so it's actually 1/2" + 1.5mm + extra tire width closer to the front
end parts? if so that makes the tire somewhere near an inch closer to the suspension parts, will this work with no issues, anyone have this combo on a 12 to 14 R/T with STP?

I know I could get the aftermarket replica wheels with +20mm offset and give more room but those wheels are
5 or 6 lbs heavier each and I'm trying to keep the weight roughly the same to keep to the original weight specs
for the suspension.

thanks.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Ok as we all know not many wheel offerings in the bolt pattern of the challengers so there for I had to look outside and found a set with the dreaded 5x114 bolt pattern. No need to lecture me on the "dangers" since I've read most of the pro's/con's threads....so my question is it his :

19x9.5 (yes you read that right) with a +12 or +22 for the front? I know 3mm hub centric will change that to +9 and +19 right so which one and with or without hub centrics?

+22

Now for the rear it will be 19x11 with +15 or +25? Again same rules apply for the 3mm hub centric added for the rears.

+25
Keep in mind I would like the flush look, not worried about lolling fenders and debating about tiny stretched tires or big beefy but not beefy to.make me some-what slushy. Also I have peddlers lowering springs on front and rear with novamats shocks on rears.

Thanks in advance, Furious
Here's a thread I put together on what I know fits. I would go with the +22 and +25, that will give you adjustment room using the spacers if needed. If you take what I have and use this calculator, you'll get it pretty close.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f79/fat-rubber-lowered-no-rubbing-137122/

Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com

Reactions: Furious RT

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I'm talking about! A direct answer and not a guess with a shoulder shrug. Haha, I had to bust out of the "18/20" box. Figure this style/color will work well with fuchsia and white stripes combo.

Sorry about the wheel, it seems I cant get the import "JDM Yo!" out of me. I came over from the G35 Coupe world.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I love those wheels, would look awesome with your color combo. And go figure, I just built a few Turbo Supras.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts