Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm sure i will hear from some of you that i ruined a perfectlly good car. The rest wll hopefully see it the way i do, which is making it beter. Since my car is 1 of prob 3 B5 srt8's in my town so my car stands out pretty good already. Also since having troubles in the past with the car and almost selling it several times, I just don't think there is any car on the market the can compete with the looks of the challenger. Nor one that fits my personality better. So what i wanted to do is make it even more of a rare car and do this. LOL i think from the pics you should be able to deduce what i am going to be doing. Just getting started and will keep you guys updated.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Go for it! I hope the swap goes well. You'll have a beast when it's done. Keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sick. My wallpaper at work has always been the SRT10 Challenger car they built for sema or whatever. So jealous.

BTW, nice color ;-). I love my B5!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
i was going through the mopar catalog and saw full wiring harnesses for viper motor swaps with different trans options. have a look and see i can't remember if they where only for late model vehicles though

·
Registered
92 Posts
Man, that is going to be sick when it's done. Post more pics, as you progress.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was going through the mopar catalog and saw full wiring harnesses for viper motor swaps with different trans options. have a look and see i can't remember if they where only for late model vehicles though
Already ordered. after about a week and a half of making phone calls, tyring to talk to this person that person. I think i finally have a good idea of what i needed. So ordered a punch of parts, took others to powdercaoting, and now just waiting for them to show up. Thats when the real fun will begin and i will see what i actually need to shoe horn this b--ch in here haha. Still waiting on info to come back on input shafts for the chally tranny to see if i can just put a viper on in it. Then the real question is will everything i've been told work. LOL like will the car run and drive and not freak out about the diff motor.

synyster so ill take a real good picture of mine when its done so you can use that as your wall paper and tell people that its an actual car not just concept anymore haha

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
So i'm sure i will hear from some of you that i ruined a perfectlly good car. The rest wll hopefully see it the way i do, which is making it beter. Since my car is 1 of prob 3 B5 srt8's in my town so my car stands out pretty good already. Also since having troubles in the past with the car and almost selling it several times, I just don't think there is any car on the market the can compete with the looks of the challenger. Nor one that fits my personality better. So what i wanted to do is make it even more of a rare car and do this. LOL i think from the pics you should be able to deduce what i am going to be doing. Just getting started and will keep you guys updated.
Holy crap, will that 10cyl. actually fit? Can't wait to see how this one turns out.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Holy crap, will that 10cyl. actually fit? Can't wait to see how this one turns out.
If a 10cyl. will fit in a tiny Viper , it should have plenty of room in a big Challenger compartment. Can't wait to see how it turns out! Will be like a '11 Drag Pack car. What year engine is that you're putting in there?

·
Registered
219 Posts
More power to you! (literally and figuratively) Please document each step of the install with pics so we can follow along.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
My thoughts exactly if they did it for the sema car and now the drag pack why cant i. LOL So what i have so far is found an 05 srt10 truck motor. Took intake off and valve covers to get powder coated. Going to swap the cam out for a bigger one (more power like it needs it lol). Ordered a lighter flywheel which is here. Ordered 4130 pushrods and stiffer valve springs as well. Waiting to arrive. Going to put gibson stainless headers on it probably have to modify a little once i start fitting in car. Going to have to swap out bell housings on tranny, looks like input shaft as well and possibly slave cyclinder. From what i can see the stock motor mounts are within a 1/4" of working so going to try them and see. After talking to dan at DC he tells me i want the 06 truck ecu so ordered that and wiring harness for motor and harness for dash components. Also thinking im going to have to take lowering springs out of the front and go back to stock ones. Also looking at what i need to do for oil pan after looking at different ones and talking about how to modify them the stock viper car pan might just clear evrything but we will see. Now for exterior. Gonna be just ever so slightly sneaky. Swaping out srt8 badge for srt10 in rear. 6.1 hemi comming off hood. Really thinking about doing the cuda hood. But either way going to put srt10 on hood bulges. Then the ram is getting replace with snake head. As of right now im just waiting for the parts to start arriving so i can get started on putting it back together. I walk in and out of the garage like 10 times a night wanting to get it done haha. Will deff do progress pics for you guys.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I like it! Great idea and seems like you have a good plan! I am looking forward to following your progress.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Got to keep an eye on this one... Subscribed... Can't wait to see the results. Good luck!

·
Registered
34 Posts
just dont put that V-10 in that 65 1/2 ton Chevy truck. that would, as you say, "ruin a perfectly good car"
as for putting it in the Challenger......go for it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My thoughts exactly if they did it for the sema car and now the drag pack why cant i. LOL So what i have so far is found an 05 srt10 truck motor. Took intake off and valve covers to get powder coated. Going to swap the cam out for a bigger one (more power like it needs it lol). Ordered a lighter flywheel which is here. Ordered 4130 pushrods and stiffer valve springs as well. Waiting to arrive. Going to put gibson stainless headers on it probably have to modify a little once i start fitting in car. Going to have to swap out bell housings on tranny, looks like input shaft as well and possibly slave cyclinder. From what i can see the stock motor mounts are within a 1/4" of working so going to try them and see. After talking to dan at DC he tells me i want the 06 truck ecu so ordered that and wiring harness for motor and harness for dash components. Also thinking im going to have to take lowering springs out of the front and go back to stock ones. Also looking at what i need to do for oil pan after looking at different ones and talking about how to modify them the stock viper car pan might just clear evrything but we will see. Now for exterior. Gonna be just ever so slightly sneaky. Swaping out srt8 badge for srt10 in rear. 6.1 hemi comming off hood. Really thinking about doing the cuda hood. But either way going to put srt10 on hood bulges. Then the ram is getting replace with snake head. As of right now im just waiting for the parts to start arriving so i can get started on putting it back together. I walk in and out of the garage like 10 times a night wanting to get it done haha. Will deff do progress pics for you guys.
awesome!!!!!! man get yourself registered ans ramsrt10forums ( ekool runs that site too, sister site of this one) those guys are full of MEGA V-10 info , and tons of extra parts and whatnot lying around. they will have good advice on the tranny stuff as well. anyone looking for 22" thats the place to ask for them , most of those guys have swapped em out for custom billet stuff. be cautious if you go down the S.C. path. a few makers out there have "plenum distribution" issues and when s.c. if memory serves correct the #5 cyl will get a lean condition and pound the bearing out of the #5 rod.

·
Registered
175 Posts
This sounds like one cool project! I think all the salvage title cars need this LOL.

1 - 20 of 171 Posts