Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are yours?

Mine are:

230-240 oil +/- 2%
210-215 coolant +/- 2%
air temp 80-85
40mph traffic

I was not expecting the oil temps to be that high. With my SRT10 Ram which had an air to oil cooler they would reach 210 and no higher. I guess the coolant to oil cooler is not as efficient in cooling but more efficient in keeping a consistent temp across the board.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
What are yours?

Mine are:

230-240 oil +/- 2%
210-215 coolant +/- 2%
air temp 80-85
40mph traffic

I was not expecting the oil temps to be that high. With my SRT10 Ram which had an air to oil cooler they would reach 210 and no higher. I guess the coolant to oil cooler is not as efficient in cooling but more efficient in keeping a consistent temp across the board.
Daily driver San Diego so different from you I presume.

215 230 for Oil

205 ish NORMAL for coolant

for mine but it's also 72 outside. If I get stuck at a light or two/wine store :) and get no air under the hood it's 215 in quickly. This cool air in SD brings it down 8-12 degrees roughly when it's breathing for sure.

I'm thinking the T Orange is ready to go for her first oil change and inspection! Mine has 2850 miles now and it feels real solid except for the Auto Trans. kinda mello :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts