Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found these stains around my intake manifold the other day kinda scared me. I heard a catch can can fix it or I have to retorque the bolts and the other thing I read was redoing the gaskets on it. Anyone have any experience with this at all ? 20180507_221236_1525894499788.jpg 20180507_221236_1525894499788.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Retorque the bolts to 115 inch lbs on the intake manifold. Use brake cleaner to clean up the oily areas. Observe and check torque on the manifold bolts after each oil change. If it continues to leak, replace the O-rings on the intake manifold.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,507 Posts
You might want to reapply loctite to the bolts as they will loosen again over time. The bolts can be backed out completely from the manifold but as you reinstall them the loctite may wipe off. Best to take off the manifold and reapply (or you can apply some loctite directly in the hole). But if you are going to go through that hassle you might as well replace the oring seals too. My manifold bolts were super loose (took almost 2+ turns to retorque) and the car only had ~16k miles on it. When I replaced the manifold for the SC I noticed my bolts did not have any thread locker residue on them. :dunno"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts