Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought one for 27.99, Bought 11mm hose, made my own bracket from a plant hanger, pounded it flat, drilled holes, painted it black. . With air filter on top, it whistled like crazy, took it off and put Allen set plug back on. There's 3" space above alternator. The whole thing comes off by loosening the bolt and lifting straight up. As seen in drawing. Plenty of slack to take canister off. Like the screw on dip stick.
(EIGIIS Universal oil catch can )

Text Drawing Sketch Font Artwork
Camera accessory Cameras & optics Lens Optical instrument Teleconverter
Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Fuel line
Auto part Tool Suspension part
Auto part Vehicle Engine Fuel line Car
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Windshield Car

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
10,121 Posts
Two things:
- looks great, I like the homemade bracket a lot, I tried making one myself for a universal CC I bought and mine didn’t turn out nearly as nice as yours.
- clean that dirty engine bay!

(The engine bays of both my Chargers were absolute dumpster fires when I got them. 100K miles of cop service with nary a wash, then several months sitting in a field waiting for an auction left the black plastic on and around the Hemi’s faded grey and covered in filth. But a once over with high pressure soapy water at the car wash, followed by a drying, and then several coats of Stoner Trim Shine (aerosol can) left the engine bays clean enough to eat off of, literally.)

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I know, wtf, when I looked at the pictures, I was like, didn't seem that dirty....It must be from these construction zones I drive through, pretty industrial zones..
I cringe at spraying with high pressure, there should be a spray that unseats, grime dissolving and then a modest rinse with wipe down.. I agree though, not liking the old farm truck look in there..
PS. I have rear louvers coming on Wednesday, I debated, still unsure, but I'm hoping they look right. ABS, did not like the contraption ones I've seen with aluminum..

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
10,121 Posts
I know, wtf, when I looked at the pictures, I was like, didn't seem that dirty....It must be from these construction zones I drive through, pretty industrial zones..
I cringe at spraying with high pressure, there should be a spray that unseats, grime dissolving and then a modest rinse with wipe down.. I agree though, not liking the old farm truck look in there..
PS. I have rear louvers coming on Wednesday, I debated, still unsure, but I'm hoping they look right. ABS, did not like the contraption ones I've seen with aluminum..
Whenever I have used those high pressure wands in the past, I always hit the engine with the soapy water on low pressure (trigger not squeezed), then when I go to rinse off, I’ll either switch to the spot free rinse and squeeze the trigger, or ill put it on regular rinse and still squeeze the trigger but stand back about 5 feet. That diffuses the pressure enough that it’s like washing the engine bay with a really strong misting machine.

Both approaches to rinsing get the soapy residue off but don’t have enough force at the critical points to harm anything.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,172 Posts
And you have a dipstick ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
that's so cool! haha seems like over engineering with the dipstick but very handy. would be cool to have the ability to drain the oil out with a tube at the bottom. I've heard of something like that i think

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I made the bracket, so I just loosen a bolt, lifts up and turns off by hand, cool that ,..that oil didn't cycle into my intake manifold, headers, pipes...glad I put it on.. I checked the dip stick once a week, actually handy..lol

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Further, some have commented on," wish I could save that oil, perhaps pour it into my oil fill, why waste it"
Ok, my take, this oil is crap. The oil in my engine is Amber, this oil is not, should have smelled it, but forgot to. Any out of the ordinary smell can tell a person what state it's in. I think the quality of new oil is not the excreted oil that was processed into this can. Some of the collected is actually broken down into a vapor of sorts, then collects and gathers to the quantity seen in photo. Plus blow by.. I know, most know this stuff, but throwing it out for those that don't. Don't pour it back in the engine, not cool. Maybe and old mower, no, not even that, unless your stuck on an island with a car and a mower.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,172 Posts
Some Moroso catch cans have a spigot to drain them

A Guy

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Perhaps so, mods and hard running amp up different processes, I think this is one. I see it as a plus, regular interaction with our machines, learning, knowing, verses, those that struggle with tire pressure, oil check.. and coolant.. I feel like it's all a worthwhile endeavor..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts