Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought one for 27.99, Bought 11mm hose, made my own bracket from a plant hanger, pounded it flat, drilled holes, painted it black. . With air filter on top, it whistled like crazy, took it off and put Allen set plug back on. There's 3" space above alternator. The whole thing comes off by loosening the bolt and lifting straight up. As seen in drawing. Plenty of slack to take canister off. Like the screw on dip stick.
(EIGIIS Universal oil catch can )

0614201920.jpg
Screenshot_20200615-013029.png
0614201545_HDR.jpg
Screenshot_20200613-094000.png
0614201627.jpg
0614201314_HDR.jpg

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,878 Posts
Two things:
- looks great, I like the homemade bracket a lot, I tried making one myself for a universal CC I bought and mine didn’t turn out nearly as nice as yours.
- clean that dirty engine bay!

(The engine bays of both my Chargers were absolute dumpster fires when I got them. 100K miles of cop service with nary a wash, then several months sitting in a field waiting for an auction left the black plastic on and around the Hemi’s faded grey and covered in filth. But a once over with high pressure soapy water at the car wash, followed by a drying, and then several coats of Stoner Trim Shine (aerosol can) left the engine bays clean enough to eat off of, literally.)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I know, wtf, when I looked at the pictures, I was like, didn't seem that dirty....It must be from these construction zones I drive through, pretty industrial zones..
I cringe at spraying with high pressure, there should be a spray that unseats, grime dissolving and then a modest rinse with wipe down.. I agree though, not liking the old farm truck look in there..
PS. I have rear louvers coming on Wednesday, I debated, still unsure, but I'm hoping they look right. ABS, did not like the contraption ones I've seen with aluminum..

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,878 Posts
I know, wtf, when I looked at the pictures, I was like, didn't seem that dirty....It must be from these construction zones I drive through, pretty industrial zones..
I cringe at spraying with high pressure, there should be a spray that unseats, grime dissolving and then a modest rinse with wipe down.. I agree though, not liking the old farm truck look in there..
PS. I have rear louvers coming on Wednesday, I debated, still unsure, but I'm hoping they look right. ABS, did not like the contraption ones I've seen with aluminum..
Whenever I have used those high pressure wands in the past, I always hit the engine with the soapy water on low pressure (trigger not squeezed), then when I go to rinse off, I’ll either switch to the spot free rinse and squeeze the trigger, or ill put it on regular rinse and still squeeze the trigger but stand back about 5 feet. That diffuses the pressure enough that it’s like washing the engine bay with a really strong misting machine.

Both approaches to rinsing get the soapy residue off but don’t have enough force at the critical points to harm anything.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Two things:
  • looks great, I like the homemade bracket a lot, I tried making one myself for a universal CC I bought and mine didn’t turn out nearly as nice as yours.
  • clean that dirty engine bay!
How conveeeeeenient, ..lol

0615201322_HDR.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts