Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a few issues with this dealer in the past & they always improve on the next trip but this time really pushed my buttons.
Took my Scat in for oil change & guys jumped right in & started, big improvement from last time. As I'm walking around looking at the cars while waiting I here someone revving the piss out of a loud exhaust car - it was mine. The tech pulled it out of the garage then went out on the road & punched it spinning the tires out of sight.
Went to service writers & asked them why the tech was joy riding my car. Writer says if the tire light was on he needed to drive it to turn it back off, (light was not on when I brought it in). I replied "Does that include smoking my tires?" Writer: He didn't do that. Me: would you like to go out to the road & see the 60' rubber marks?
Tech came back 10 min later & high fived another tech standing there & I climbed in his ass with both feet. I wanted to make sure every customer within ear shot of me knew I was not happy. He said the low tire light was on & he had to drive it a few miles to turn it off. I called BS.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dodge sent satisfaction survey & I just sent it back with details. Hopefully enough people complain CDJ might make them straighten up.
Hopeful thinking anyway but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Premium Member
5,328 Posts
My last Challenger was a frequent visitor to the local Dodge dealership service dep't at one point, and while I had no real reason to believe the techs were mistreating it when I wasn't around, I was still paranoid of such shenanigans going on without my knowledge.

So much so that I started using my TranZformer to lower the 1-2 and 2-3 gear shift points before i dropped the car off for service (that wouldn't require normal driving). I'd set them to 2200 RPM usually but not tell the service writer or techs.

My thought process was that in the event any techs DID try to take it out for a quick beating, they'd be less able to hurt anything (or unduly inflict wear) on the car if the car couldn't get past 2K RPM in 1st or 2nd gears before shifting up.

It's a shame there are folks out there that misbehave in such a fashion so as to have me even thinking that way, but there are, and there always will be I suspect...as you have seen for yourself unfortunately.

You know there is one way to absolutely prevent this sort of thing from happening in the future - drive something less bad-ass!

I've never heard about a rogue service tech doing unauthorized burnouts in a customer's Hyundai Elantra or Subaru Forester, have you?? ;)

·
Super Moderator
13,601 Posts
You hear too many stories like this, about techs and car valets joy-riding in Challengers. I guess that it's irresistible to them that they can have fun in high performance cars without spending a dime.

·
Premium Member
5,328 Posts
You hear too many stories like this, about techs and car valets joy-riding in Challengers. I guess that it's irresistible to them that they can have fun in high performance cars without spending a dime.
Yep, how's that old sayin' go, "Why buy the cow when you can joy-ride in the tuna boat for free?!?"

...or something like that, you know what I'm trying to say! :grinbiginvert:

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Write on the work order they are not allowed to take the car out on the road, if they need to raid test it you’ll be happy to drive them or ride along. A bit excessive but they can’t play with it without consequences.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
"You know there is one way to absolutely prevent this sort of thing from happening in the future - drive something less bad-ass! I've never heard about a rogue service tech doing unauthorized burnouts in a customer's Hyundai Elantra or Subaru Forester, have you??"

Unfortunately, bad techs are just bad techs.

Maybe not burnouts but there's a story of a woman who dropped her Kia off and got it back with around 200 miles on the car, this after 4 days. The car's dash cam showed the tech using the car for errands, running home, and driving badly.

Here's a link:

Dealerhsip Joyride Caught on Camera | DrivingSales News

·
Registered
73 Posts
"You know there is one way to absolutely prevent this sort of thing from happening in the future - drive something less bad-ass! I've never heard about a rogue service tech doing unauthorized burnouts in a customer's Hyundai Elantra or Subaru Forester, have you??"

Unfortunately, bad techs are just bad techs.

Maybe not burnouts but there's a story of a woman who dropped her Kia off and got it back with around 200 miles on the car, this after 4 days. The car's dash cam showed the tech using the car for errands, running home, and driving badly.

Here's a link:

Dealerhsip Joyride Caught on Camera | DrivingSales News
HOLY COW! Nice video. I would try to get a least a couple of oil changes for free out of a dealer if that happened to me(Full Synthetic of course). Worth a shot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts