Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
So if a Scat sits on the lot over 6 months.......Dealer pulls it in and changes the oil. Right?;) The car gets started up and moved many times. What's the difference???

·
Registered
570 Posts
So if a Scat sits on the lot over 6 months.......Dealer pulls it in and changes the oil. Right?;) The car gets started up and moved many times. What's the difference???
The only difference is that nobody has signed the purchase contract yet.
Until that happens, nobody asks for the oil to be changed as the clock hasn't started yet. And it most likely won't happen even if the car sat on the lot for two years...unless the buyer specifically requests it as part of the deal.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yea i biught my 2012 at a major dealership...Glenbrook dodge and was told and shown...(on paper) not only did my change oil come on when driving it home...a couple wks after having the car i noticed the steering wheel wasnt straight..so took it dodge dealer in paw paw mi and they said there is no way that my car had any type of alignment cause all 4 was off...biught it in march and still they havnt offered to make it right..im posting a opy of the maint done on it before it being put on the lot...so they said...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Yea i biught my 2012 at a major dealership...Glenbrook dodge and was told and shown...(on paper) not only did my change oil come on when driving it home...a couple wks after having the car i noticed the steering wheel wasnt straight..so took it dodge dealer in paw paw mi and they said there is no way that my car had any type of alignment cause all 4 was off...biught it in march and still they havnt offered to make it right..im posting a opy of the maint done on it before it being put on the lot...so they said...
No Dodge experience but with other cars the only time I trusted the alignment was ok and in use it proved to be ok was when I got a printout of the before and after alignment settings.

Absent a printout I have to question what if any alignment was actually done to your car? And when you go to pick up the car you need to give it a shake down drive to verify the car's feel the alignment is acceptable. If not you drive right back in the service department entrance and hand the car back and let the service advisor -- and probably the service manager at this stage -- the alignment is not right.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I noticed the steering was tight but the wheel was just off center enough to tell it was off..really wasnt much to anyone else but im a freak when it comes to going over a car. Test drove it twice in city and at highway speeds...and wasnt to concerned to mu h about the oil light cause most people get it changed before that happens... But you can tell by the receipts that i pd out of pocket for what was supposed to be done...not long after..im still trying to get a response..and just got to the management level.. after salesman said nothing will be done cause you drove it off the lot....wtf

·
Super Moderator
12,931 Posts
Your money, not theirs ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
9,047 Posts
Perfectly stated. Not following the maintenance schedule and saying that a dealer can do it, so I can too, ain't getting you anything other than a restricted engine warranty, and a thinner pocket book, if an issue comes up.

Of course, if you don't care about the factory warranty, do whatever you want.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts