Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I safe to take my 2016 SRT Chally into the dealer for my oil change if I have my tuned PCM in, or should I swap it out for my original? Sorry if this question has been answered somewhere else :)

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
Am I safe to take my 2016 SRT Chally into the dealer for my oil change if I have my tuned PCM in, or should I swap it out for my original? Sorry if this question has been answered somewhere else :)
I would at least notify service department not to flash ( update) anything on the car and let them know it has a tune and leave a sticky note in the car so it can be seen by service tech. It's been known they sometimes will "update" the car's computer from time to time without ever asking if it's ok, then when you get the bill they will show computer was updated, in your case you will be screwed.

Reactions: Challytatz

·
Registered
175 Posts
Tell them not to flash and also put a note in the car not to flash. Buy the cover.

Reactions: Challytatz

·
Registered
Hellcat
979 Posts
What is your concern? That they are going to Flash your PCM loosing the custom tune. Or discover and note that you have a tune and possibly cause warranty issues in the future ?
I would just get the oil changed somewhere else and keep the receipts
"SRT Chally" Blasphemy!!!!!

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
776 Posts
What's a 'dealership' ???......

·
Registered
232 Posts
I get my oil changed at the dealership. I bring my own oil and filter, so they do it on the lift and dispose of the old oil. I never leave my vehicle, so they do what I want and nothing else. YMMV

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I get my oil changed at the dealership. I bring my own oil and filter, so they do it on the lift and dispose of the old oil. I never leave my vehicle, so they do what I want and nothing else. YMMV
Just curious what is the charge for that service?

·
Registered
232 Posts
$10.00 but it depends on the wrench.
Last time I asked the highest paid mechanic in the shop to just push me through.
It was almost $20.00 :icon_lol:

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
86 Posts
After my experience with my free oil change from dealer I'll never let them do it again.
Plus I work for a company that sells all different kinds of oil & most of these new car dealers "including where I bought mine" use the cheapest oil that we sell.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
86 Posts
After my experience with my free oil change from dealer I'll never let them do it again.
Plus I work for a company that sells all different kinds of oil & most of these new car dealers "including where I bought mine" use the cheapest oil that we sell.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What is your concern? That they are going to Flash your PCM loosing the custom tune. Or discover and note that you have a tune and possibly cause warranty issues in the future ?
I would just get the oil changed somewhere else and keep the receipts
"SRT Chally" Blasphemy!!!!!
Ha! Yeah a bit of both! Hey! I moved to Washington from El Paso a couple years ago..hows El Chuco???

·
Registered
232 Posts
And that's why I bring in my own oil and filter. I stand and watch while they pour each quart in. No problems.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts