Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Oil change

1415 Views 13 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Fahad khan
  1. Hi All I am have US specs challenger 2012 V6 model just before 2 months I have changed engine oil (Mobil 1) 25W50 and drove the car around 1500 KM now the car showing me change oil message? anyone can advise what's going on or do I need to use another oil
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
5,668 Posts
  1. Hi All I am have US specs challenger 2012 V6 model just before 2 months I have changed engine oil (Mobil 1) 25W50 and drove the car around 1500 KM now the car showing me change oil message? anyone can advise what's going on or do I need to use another oil
20w-50 oil is not the oil a US spec'd Challenger V6 engine should be running. I believe the correct oil is 5w-20.

· Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
5,668 Posts
Thank you for the info and I will make sure I use 5w20 next time and do you prefer Mobil or original Mopar?
My advice is to stick with the oil the car maker recommends. Mopar oil in this case and the right multi-grade of oil.

If Dodge lists other oils that meet its oil requirements for the engine, and it probably does, then you are free to chose one of those oils. Likewise if a synthetic oil choice is available I'd run synthetic oil but still change it on a pretty aggressive schedule. For example with my Hellcat I change the oil every 5K miles not 6K miles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.