Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Oil change

1410 Views 13 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Fahad khan
  1. Hi All I am have US specs challenger 2012 V6 model just before 2 months I have changed engine oil (Mobil 1) 25W50 and drove the car around 1500 KM now the car showing me change oil message? anyone can advise what's going on or do I need to use another oil
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
1,053 Posts
Thank you for the info and I will make sure I use 5w20 next time and do you prefer Mobil or original Mopar?
The owner's manual for the 2012 Dodge Challenger says to use 5W-30 engine oil in the V6 engine. The 5.7 Hemi in the R/T model gets the 5W-20 oil. I prefer Full Synthetic engine oil, but it's not required for your V6. Your car is no longer under warranty so you're certainly free to use whatever brand oil you choose. Mobil 1, Pennzoil, Valvoline and others will be just fine.

Remember to change the cartridge filter that's on top of the engine. The Mopar filters are pretty darn good.

I would get the 25W-50 oil out of there as soon as possible.

· Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
1,053 Posts
FCA recommends a 5W-20 that meets MS-6395 so look for any synthetic 5W-20 oil that says on the back of the bottle that it meets or exceeds Chrysler MS-6395.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
The V6's in 2012 got 5W-30. Still had to meet MS-6395 ..... though at 8 years old there's no warranty to worry about.

Reactions: Slidd
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.