Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 R/T 6 speed daily driver love the car but like the 2018 R/T with the brembo package, My question is does the 2018 5.7 R/T have an oil cooler thats all we would need and its track ready? I know every one will say just get the Scat Pack but for the driving I do the R/T is just to perfect especially in rain and such. I have taken my R/T to track {road track} but only a few laps oil temp to high had to stop.Could put my own in but love the 7 year 70,000 mile warranty which I would get with the 2018 R/T.

·
Registered
15,074 Posts
No oil cooler still, the 5.7L the only engine without one. You could add the police oil cooler kit, it's the same as what's on the 6.4L.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes but need the dealer to do it to keep the warranty and there price was insane. For there cost I would just be under the scat pack price, which is the way I am leaning.

·
Registered
15,074 Posts
List price about $300, how much they want for labor?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well yes but you need to change hoses and drain radiator route it though the car. I was quoted about $2600 installed, providing there are no issues. I said issues either you have mechanics that can do it or not. I know I can do it myself in 4 hours or so but worried about warranty issues. So I am still leaning towards a Scat Pack for the summer so I am hoping to find a 2016 2017 this winter on the lot. I watch a few cars and then hit them up on the coldest slow day they have, and just say you can either sell it or let it sit outside for the rest of the winter. Got My 2016 R/T For $31,00 that way, $5000 off MSRP and they through in the 7 year 70,000 mile warranty to close the deal. The reason I want to get rid of my R/T is I have the dam Hemi tick, Its killing me they checked it said its normal,runs great but I cant deal with it much longer. Thought maybe the oil cooler would give me some track time and maybe quiet the tick. I know the 6.4 also can have it but its more known in the 5.7 motors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts