Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vendor
12,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oil temperature issues on your tracked Challenger or Charger, here is a easy quick solution with updates coming very soon

https://www.facebook.com/swparts1/videos/1093833797471246/?t=12

a regular street car really does not need an oil cooler, but if your going to track it, for example SCCA Tracknights, I would highly recommend it

we chose to run the Hellcat adapter since it was designed to flow oil to a cooler, much larger then the one supplied in the kit and much more robust for heavy duty use

·
Registered
29 Posts
Can you give any additional guidance on installing this setup on a 2014 SRT8? As I understand it, I'll need to remove the factory (coolant based) oil cooler plate and then plug the inlet at the thermostat housing for the return line, but I was wondering if there is a different lower radiator hose I could use instead of capping the Y connection to the factory cooler to take care of the other end since I'll be removing the factory unit. Also, do you know approximately how much more oil is needed as a result of installing this setup so I know to have enough on hand when I get started?

Thank you

·
Vendor
12,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i would use the Hellcat oil adapter which unfortunately on back order, part # 68166516ad, easier since already set up for the oil lines
pretty simple install, mounted to the bottom of crash bar, you will most likely have to shorten the hoses to fit

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Thank you, thank you, thank you for this post! I've been looking for a solution like this. Any ideas of how to implement a thermostat to allow the car to warm up properly?

Unfortunately, I do a lot of short city driving when I'm not at the track and I'm worried going with a air oil cooler is going work against me while I'm not at the track.

·
Vendor
12,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im not sure that is a huge issue, personally would not worry about it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts