Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the size of the fitting need for port just above the oil pressure sensor? This is where I'm going to tap into for the oil feed on my turbos just like the hellion kits. I just need to know the sizing of the fitting needed.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Does anyone know the size of the fitting need for port just above the oil pressure sensor? This is where I'm going to tap into for the oil feed on my turbos just like the hellion kits. I just need to know the sizing of the fitting needed.
I would try a 1/8 NPT fitting. That's been the most common for several years. Hopefully youll get a better answer from someone else but its a starting point.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would try a 1/8 NPT fitting. That's been the most common for several years. Hopefully youll get a better answer from someone else but its a starting point.
I think the plug in there is bigger than 1/8 npt. I guess I'm just going to have to remove the plug and find out. I can't find anything on it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After doing research and finding absolutely zip about the size of the fitting I needed I went to a dodge dealership to see if they could help. Not only did they help they gave me a printout of every size of plug withing the 5.7 hemi block. so to answer the question and to help any in the future the size of the plug above the oil pressure sensor is 3/8-18npt x .475. so I'm getting a 3/8-18 npt to 1/8-27npt sleeve to adapt to my oil feed lines. Its always the little things in these builds that trips me up a bit. It can be annoying but its part of the fun part of the build too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts