Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a catch can from Speedlogix on my 13 rt. Last week when I changed the oil I emptied the CC and it was 1/4 full. Today I was cleaning the engine compartment and I noticed the rubber hose coming from the pcv covered with oil!! I don't know where exactly the leak is coming from!! But I checked the line and it was tight. Anybody could point the cause of the oil leak? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
This makes two of us, mine has a slight oily sheen right below the valve on the intake, the hoses are dry and tight.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Make sure the lines you are using are at least 30R7 rated so they are oil resistant. Some catch can manufacturers sent heater hose with their kits and this type of hose will seep oil after awhile and leak.

·
Super Moderator
15,987 Posts
For those of you with 6.1 engines, here is an inexpensive solution to the problem of kinking hoses.

Buy a Chrysler emission PCV hose with a 90 degree bend for $9.99. It made by Dorman HELP! and is Part #46033. (Advance Auto carries this as well as many other stores). Simply cut off 6 inches from the straight end and install. Simple and cheap solution! Also, no worry about rotating and possibly cracking the catch can's brass elbow to make the angle work.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...hedFrom=header

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
If you self installed it and just slid the hoses over the big azz barb on the PCV, and didn't use a hose clamp THATS the reason it is leaking. The OEM hose has an exemption for this "oversize" hose barb and I got away with no clamps for almost a year then notice what you did, added clamps on both ends of this hose (though wasn't leaking on can). If you have SS covered rubber hoses with clamps/covers make sure it's well past the barb, then crank down the clamp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts