Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First oil change for Black Beauty at 3389 mi. and all is well. No issues except for the slosh of oil as the filter dropped from its seated position. I did find a useful tool though. I saved a number of these rubber "sucker" grips that came from purchases of AXE bodywash. When my hands were too slippery to correctly hand-tighten the new filter I grabbed the little sucker and it worked like a charm; highly recommend their use in filter removal or installation. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
You don't say Robroy, thanks for that tip.
Q-Tell me, what were you going to do today when you woke up?
A-Well, I was debating whether to mow the front yard before the cold snap or change my oil.
Q-How much time did you waste thinking about the two options?
A-Glad you asked. I wasted time from about 8 a.m. until about 2:00 p.m.
Q-Do you always spend a lot of time thinking about things to do?
A-Yes
Q-How did you decide?
A-Driving to the post office and then topping off the tank, figured since the oil is warm might as well.
Q-Were you scared changing the oil?
A-Heck no! I backed my car into the garage, positioned my Rhino ramps, had my oil, filter and tools ready for the job.
I'm still trying to wrap my head around your experience with cars.
Q-What cars have you worked on before the Challenger?
A-Let's see... there was the '99 Mercedes C43, '98 M3 Sedan, '97 M3 Sedan, '04 VW R32, '03 350Z, '94 Camry, '71 Duster 340/4 spd., '72 Demon 340/4 spd., '66 Mustang, '85 300ZX Turbo, '85 Merkur XR4Ti...
STOP!! That's a lot of tax, title and license!
A-You Betcha!

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,463 Posts
I appreciate a guy that talks to himself! That way you will always have answers... I enjoyed reading your post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts