Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide what oil brand to go with when my first change is close. Pennzoil has a 5-40, as does Amsoil, and Mobile 1 has a 0-40.

The Pennzoil seems hard to find, and I would have to order the Amsoil, and I set-up an account with them, and 7 quarts shipped to me is $80.63.

I would prefer the Mobile 1, but they do not offer a 5-40, and they recommend the 0-40 for our 6.4 motor.

Any opinions?

·
Registered
355 Posts
I am trying to decide what oil brand to go with when my first change is close. Pennzoil has a 5-40, as does Amsoil, and Mobile 1 has a 0-40.

The Pennzoil seems hard to find, and I would have to order the Amsoil, and I set-up an account with them, and 7 quarts shipped to me is $80.63.

I would prefer the Mobile 1, but they do not offer a 5-40, and they recommend the 0-40 for our 6.4 motor.

Any opinions?
Everyone has their own brand preferences, but as for me I use Amsoil oil and filters in both my cars and motorcycles. My 392 has less than 400 miles but will get a magnetic drain plug and Amsoil at 1000 miles. I believe the 392 comes with Mobil 1 and while i believe thats a very good oil, I am loyal to Amsoil and will stick with that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts