Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The oil that is recovered in the "catch-can", can this be reused or just dispose of it? Seems that it is still "clean" oil or not??:scratchhead:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Honestly, I would toss it. It's not a lot of oil and I would feel better by adding fresh oil myself. I have heard you can add it back but i think it would be not to.

·
Registered
2018 SRT
2,643 Posts
Kevo dispose of the oil. Yes it looks clean, however it could contain unburned gases and by products of combusion. Better to dump it. top off with new fresh oil when needed.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Kevo dispose of the oil. Yes it looks clean, however it could contain unburned gases and by products of combusion. Better to dump it. top off with new fresh oil when needed.
yup! that and possibly moisture. why keep it. its just a tiny bit

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
i dumped the oil in my Charger catch can last night and it was thick, light brown and smelled like fuel, which i have noticed it is like this more so in the colder months...no way would that crap go back in.

·
Banned
811 Posts
i dumped the oil in my Charger catch can last night and it was thick, light brown and smelled like fuel, which i have noticed it is like this more so in the colder months...no way would that crap go back in.
I used to run one on my boosted Prelude and it looked and smelled the same. Dumped it!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Righty'O DUMP it!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Mine was like that also, any idea why? The first couple of times I emptied it, it was clean looking oil. The car is sitting for the winter and I checked it and dumped it the other day. Brownish like water got in it, but the oil itself is okay. This just moisture in the can?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts