Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Gals,

Here is my delemma. I have a 2010 SE, The spec on the oils is 10w30. I have been using Mobil 1 10w30 full synthetic. All good. I went to purchase some for an oil change that is coming up and could not find it anymore in the 5 quart jugs.

Now I see they are selling this 0w-30 stuff that they say meets the same specs as the 10w30. They say it is good for all cars that need 10w30 oil.

This is the stuff, Mobil 1 0W-30 Advanced Fuel Economy

All you experts out there. Is this safe to use in the 3.5 Liter engine on the SE?

Thanks,

Alan

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased Mobil 1 10w30 for my 3.5 (Prowler) last week @ Wal-Mart but its availability may be different in other locations (I'm in FL). Mobil 1's site shows 0w30 as being suitable for your specific car. Depending on your climate (north?) that may be the way to go. If in the south, I'd stay with 5w30 or 10w30.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Went to Walmart tonight in Texas and they had 5w-30 and 10w30 full synthetic in 5 qt jugs. Again, probably just availability in your area. The key is not going lower than the -30 part. For example, 5w-20 is a no go but 5w-30 is good.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Hi Guys and Gals,

Here is my delemma. I have a 2010 SE, The spec on the oils is 10w30. I have been using Mobil 1 10w30 full synthetic. All good. I went to purchase some for an oil change that is coming up and could not find it anymore in the 5 quart jugs.

Now I see they are selling this 0w-30 stuff that they say meets the same specs as the 10w30. They say it is good for all cars that need 10w30 oil.

This is the stuff, Mobil 1 0W-30 Advanced Fuel Economy

All you experts out there. Is this safe to use in the 3.5 Liter engine on the SE?

Thanks,

Alan
I would stick with what your engine has used or what it was broken in with. If you used 10w-30 all along, I would not change in spite of what the specs say. Or if you change, check the level until you confirm that your oil consumption rate has not increased.

I used to drive a Maxima and used 10w-30 from the beginning. I had it changed to 5w-30 unintentionally. It consumed about a quart in less than 1500 miles. I changed it back to 10w-30 and the consumption went back to nil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts