Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have been reading about resonator delete and muffler delete and catback exhaust and such. I'm confused now. I just wanted to add flowmaster super 10's or 44's and was expecting that to be it. Now I'm reading that you would need to delete your resonators which is a kit, and if I chose to add the flowmaster mufflers buying them as well? The catback exhaust is a bit pricey for me at the moment. Also are the mufflers for the 16 r/t plus in the middle or rear of the car. So if I just put the mufflers on and left the resonators it wouldn't be as loud and growly as if I removed them correct or it doesn't make a difference. To be honest I thought deleting your resonators was just removing them and putting the existing pipes back on .

·
Registered
759 Posts
Mufflers are in the middle and the resonators are at the back. An exhaust shop can simply cutout your stock mufflers and replace with what you want.

It will be quieter with the resonators still on (resonators are basically just another muffler). An exhaust shop can take them out and replace with same size straight pipe. You shouldn't need to purchase anything other than the mufflers you want because an exhaust shop should have the correct size exhaust pipe you would need IF you deleted the resonators too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok I have been reading about resonator delete and muffler delete and catback exhaust and such. I'm confused now. I just wanted to add flowmaster super 10's or 44's and was expecting that to be it. Now I'm reading that you would need to delete your resonators which is a kit, and if I chose to add the flowmaster mufflers buying them as well? The catback exhaust is a bit pricey for me at the moment. Also are the mufflers for the 16 r/t plus in the middle or rear of the car. So if I just put the mufflers on and left the resonators it wouldn't be as loud and growly as if I removed them correct or it doesn't make a difference. To be honest I thought deleting your resonators was just removing them and putting the existing pipes back on .
I did the muffler delete on my '15 Challenger R/T and left the resonators in place after reading several posts on here from others that had done the same, I love the sound! It is certainly not deafeningly loud and you do get a little bit of a "dump" sound between gears or if you let off the gas quick but I consider it one of the best $90 I've spent.

I'm not sure how it played in to this but prior to the muffler delete I had already added the Hellcat airbox/intake tube as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts