Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Schumacher battery tender. But unclear as to where I attaching the leads. Does the positive cable go to the + in the circle? And the negative cable?

Thanks guys
Bill D

· Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Pitch Black A8
3,196 Posts
Bill, put the positive lead on the stud under the red cover, you may have to cut a small notch in the cap to fit it back on and the negative goes under the ground in your pictures. That what I have done. I hook the lead on the little bracket sticking out near the positive cover.

· Registered
2,751 Posts
The positive is a stud. The negative stud has female threads

the tender is asking what battery type - lithium ion or wet cell. I have no idea what it is.
frustrated
The OEM battery is a wet lead-acid.

· Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, got it all setup. I had to change out the ring on the positive lead because the hole wasn’t large enough to fit over the stud. I cut a small part of the red cover away with snips so the lug passes through and I can close the cover.

thanks to all who helped guide me with this. Much appreciated

Bill D

· Registered
2,751 Posts
Just asking because I just don't know but wouldn't it be better to hook it to the battery in the trunk or does it really matter??
Going through the trunk makes power cord routing a challenge. From a functional standpoint connecting under the hood is just as good. After all those are the jump starting points.

· Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
36,775 Posts

Oh, you got it, nevermind...

A Guy

· Premium Member
2021 HCWB Hellraisin/Demonic Red
1,161 Posts
Mine came with alligator clips and I just use those at the under the hood locations. Quick connect and disconnect and they’re working great.

Reactions: marpow
1 - 20 of 21 Posts