Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am talking apples to apples: no superchargers allowed.

Camaro ss vs. Challenger SRT8.

The 2011 SRT has been on the street for a while now. Who is faster completely stock?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Even when the 2008-2010 SRT8 was out it was a great race 13 flat for both cars! automatic SS is 400HP 400TQ? Not sure on torque, manual 426HP 420TQ. Challenger SRT8 392 470HP 470TQ all bottom end.. both auto and manual pack way more power than the SS, weight doesn't matter on these HEMI engines.. stock R/T may very well take out stock auto SS, manual with a good driver would be another story

·
Registered
402 Posts
The 2011 SRT8 should be able to win as long as there is a good/Decent driver. When testing, the engineers were able to get 12.44 with the auto, and they say that the manual should run very similar. The Mustang 5.0 runs high 12's and the Camaro SS runs high 12's to low 13's. ( still fast, so If ya mess up they will win)

I can't wait until someone puts some serious tires on this car, and see what this car can manage with a completely stock motor. Then of course see what it can do on just bolt-on's :)

[EDIT] BTW, the 6.1 was able to beat many SS's as well. Also like Challengerboi09 mentioned there are RT's that have been able to beat SS's (auto mostly) stock.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Editted for trolling

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dummy? Maybe. Troll NEVER

You should look in a mirror before you straight name call.

what a dummy.. this time its the srt8.. i beat ss's on the r/t.. with 100 less hp..

and orange is a cool color and trolls live under the bridge...

I still have not seen a mustang thats all that either..

so go back under that bridge.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
what a dummy.. this time its the srt8.. i beat ss's on the r/t.. with 100 less hp..

name-calling??:disgust:...and how is a guy with over 350 posts a troll??:scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hemi 05. Is teasing me and joking. I am ok with that. LOLL

In all honestly, I am embarrassed I popped off, back like I did. Sorry guys for lowering myself to that level.

Why TinCuda?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
and mine is bigger than yours ...... lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
Car and Driver magazine tests
Camaro SS 6 speed manual 0-130 18 seconds
392 Challenger 6 speed manual 0-130 16.4 seconds
Mustang GT 6 speed manual 0-130 19.8 seconds

It gets nastier the higher you go for the Camaro and the Mustang especially, the 6.4 motor just destroys them up top, top speed just over 180mph in the 392. The 392 gets to 150mph about as quick as a Corvette Grand Sport. It's a very fast car!

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is exactly the answer I was looking for.

Thank you.

Car and Driver magazine tests
Camaro SS 6 speed manual 0-130 18 seconds
392 Challenger 6 speed manual 0-130 16.4 seconds
Mustang GT 6 speed manual 0-130 19.8 seconds

It gets nastier the higher you go for the Camaro and the Mustang especially, the 6.4 motor just destroys them up top, top speed just over 180mph in the 392. The 392 gets to 150mph about as quick as a Corvette Grand Sport. It's a very fast car!

·
Registered
432 Posts
I always look at lbs/hp ratio to get an idea of where cars will rank in terms of acceleration. The smaller the number, the quicker the car. It doesn't tell the WHOLE story, but it gives an idea. The numbers of the new 392 put it at the top of the pack, with a ratio of 4150/495 = 8.38 lbs/hp.
Camaro LS3 is 3850/425 = 9.06
Mustang 5.0 is 3650/425 = 8.59

btw, I used actual hp figures, not the rated numbers. Mustang seems to be making the same power at the wheels as the Camaro. The 392 is making more than its 470 rating.

·
Registered
402 Posts
To add on the others post about the lbs/hp...here is lb/torque

Mustang 3650/ 390 = 9.36
Camaro 3850/ 420 = 9.17
SRT8 4150/470 = 8.83

This is all +/- since weight changes depending on options. But best of all most of the torque of the SRT is nice and low compared to both the 6.1 and the rivals. The 5.0 you have to wind up to get the torque and the Camaro as well. The mustang optioned with the 3.73's are much quicker than there 3.31 counterparts because of the low-end torque absence. but still all nice cars.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

My car just went to D1 status this morning.

Here you go sluggo!

Vehicle Shipment Status and History

Troll? please. :fight:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
But, with CAI/T/E/H, it would kick the SS all over the place then add slicks and wham, that SS is just junk, total CHallenger dinner!

*end Sarcasm*

Yeah, that's how I read these kinds of threads. Someone brings up stock vs stock and immediately you see people chiming in eith thie car and it's got this and that added, or they start talkinb about adding this and that.

Not saying it happened in this thread, but it always ends up that way.

Ok question? I suppose, but it never really comes out apples to apples. It always ends up apples to apples w/ CAI/E/H/tune.... etc etc.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Dear plumKrazy,

You have received an infraction at Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums.

Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)
-------
You have been issued an infraction for insulting other members. This infraction is worth 2 points and will never expire.
-------

This infraction is worth 2 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums...68/#post750768

All the best,
Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

lol.... he hit triangle on me....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts