Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Do the silver stripe or don't do the silver stripe?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay here's the deal I am just playing around at this point and only did part of the front end. So before I go the rest of the way I want to do a yes or no poll, please vote and share your opinions. I was thinking the silver would tie in with the rims but I'm not 100% sold yet.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Dude...you want my honest opinion?

That looks frackin sweet! Seriously man, I would go through with finishing that up if I were you. It looks killer. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Ya know, it doesn't look bad... hard to tell from the small section you did, but right now, I can't say "no" to it... actually, it may very well end up looking really sharp.

I'll say yes... and I suppose if you decide against it, its a tape, so you could peel it off.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Looks great :bigthumb:

·
Registered
999 Posts
it will look really good, but for me the pinstriping may be a little thick....?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I say do the silver stripes....just from what little you have done looks great I think and like others have said if you don't end up liking it then you can take it back off

:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
Just do it :)

What do you have to lose? You can just take them off if it looks bad.. assuming its vinyl.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Another idea... move the silver stripes inwards; instead of butting the silver up to the edge of the black, bring the silver on top of the black, therefore keeping the total width of all pinstripes the same as it was stock?!

This "mod" needs a name, as I think its gonna catch on...

I hereby declare this to be the "Toxic Mod".

·
Registered
607 Posts
I say do it as well, but as stated above maybe thing about applying it over the black. If you dont want to do that, then leave as is. I think it will look great in the end either way!

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Would you consider replacing the black with silver instead of adding the smaller pinstripe? I guess I am just different in that I think "less is more" when it comes to colors and bling on cars.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You people are no help at all! LOL

I was expecting to see a bunch of "Eww that's terrible" "Don't do it" and instead everyone likes it? Ok.... Guess I know what I'm doing after work tomorrow :)

OMOM,

I thought about what you are talking about, I just didn't want to lay vinyl over vinyl because the edge would be twice and thick and it catches wax as it is. But I do agree that might be a cool look!

I think 1/4" would look even better than 1/2" but I couldn't locate any silver 1/4" locally. I am going to have to remove the washer nozzles to finish the hood and then reinstall the nozzles after the hood is done.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I say do it. Looks great, but you need to do the inside of the stripes too.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Would you consider replacing the black with silver instead of adding the smaller pinstripe? I guess I am just different in that I think "less is more" when it comes to colors and bling on cars.

Nope, I've seen T.O. with the silver stripe package and I don't care for it. I love the black stripes, I thought the silver would tie it all together since the rims are silver and the grill is brushed silver.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I say do it. Looks great, but you need to do the inside of the stripes too.

There is not enough room between the stripes to do the inside of the stripes in silver and I think that may be too much.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts