Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't like the "Challenger" or "SRT" script on the grill and I didn't care for how chunky the stock rear SRT logo looked on the spoiler. So I ordered a custom carbon fibre backed "SRT8" logo from Nate at Rebadge and took the stock SRT rear emblem and moved it to the grill.

Whatcha think????

·
Registered
211 Posts
The carbon fiber look badge looks great :bigthumb: Did you just use 3M tape to apply the old SRT8 badge to the grill?

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The carbon fiber look badge looks great :bigthumb: Did you just use 3M tape to apply the old SRT8 badge to the grill?

Thanks!

Yep I always keep a roll of 3M VHB handy :)

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Nice improvement on the front end! Was flipping between your pic and the signature pic. The carbon fiber rear logo looks killer as well!

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Mikey!

Immortal,

So you like it better with the rear emblem on the front and no "Challenger" script? I think the front looks a little meaner and cleaner now. And I like the little bit of red in the rear logo on the front.

I am going to "try" something next and will take pics and ask everyone's opinion. I have a little bit of red stripe left over from when I striped my boat and I want to try doing the outside edge of the black stripe with a thin red stripe. I have no idea how it's going to look. I'm thinking silver may be a safer bet, but since I have red I am going to do a little section, post up a photo and see what everyone thinks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks Mikey!

Immortal,

So you like it better with the rear emblem on the front and no "Challenger" script? I think the front looks a little meaner and cleaner now. And I like the little bit of red in the rear logo on the front.

I am going to "try" something next and will take pics and ask everyone's opinion. I have a little bit of red stripe left over from when I striped my boat and I want to try doing the outside edge of the black stripe with a thin red stripe. I have no idea how it's going to look. I'm thinking silver may be a safer bet, but since I have red I am going to do a little section, post up a photo and see what everyone thinks.

would love to know if anyone has tried to put a badge on the hood scoop where it belongs.....thinking that after I have a few mods and get to 550 hp- I would try a red 550 on the side of the hood...thoughts?

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think KoolDad moved his 392 badges to the sides of the hood. they look good there!

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
I love the rear badge! CF looks good on that color. I like the stock look of the front IMO. As far as the red stripes I would put them on and see what they look like. You can always take them off, like you said.

Thanks Mikey!

Immortal,

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I put the red on and looked at it and it just didn't pop enough. Peeled it back off. I only did a small section. I am thinking a metallic silver stripe will work, just on the outside edges, about 1/2" wide, the silver will tie in with the rims and the grille surround.

I am going to pick up a couple rolls and try it.. Like you said.. worst case, peel it off.. I'll be out like maybe $20 bux.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I took the Challenger script of the front also. I think it looks better without it. My avatar pic was prior to removal.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
I put the red down the outsides of my car (its on a thread here). The best size is 1/4. It fits perfectly between the stripe you have from dodge and the washer nozzle. And I think that silver or chrome would like sick IMO.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f19/added-some-red-chally-59105/

I put the red on and looked at it and it just didn't pop enough. Peeled it back off. I only did a small section. I am thinking a metallic silver stripe will work, just on the outside edges, about 1/2" wide, the silver will tie in with the rims and the grille surround.

I am going to pick up a couple rolls and try it.. Like you said.. worst case, peel it off.. I'll be out like maybe $20 bux.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Like the carbon badge... but the badge on the front looks out of place IMO. Much rather prefer the "SRT" one

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dude,

The grill emblems just pull straight off. take your time, grasp the emblem at the ends and pull straight away from the grille.

Higs,

Really? Everyone else seems to like it up there better than the "SRT" lettering. I just like having more open grill and less badge up there and I like the touch of red, not too much.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
toxic 11 Is the sickest, cleanest Orange ever! Brother, I love that car! Took a cruise today on the beach with the typical ooohs and aaahs but I have a funny feeling, the TO '11 would win in a "hottest" color contest! I love my IE but everytime I see your pics, I'm like; "DAMN" that thing is clean! Love, Love It! I'm gonna post some pics for ya tmrw. so you can say. "yeah, it's clean but mines Toxic Hot"! LOL! be safe bro and the car looks freaking amazing!! Nicely done as usual!!

- Dino

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dino,

Dang dude, what are you buttering me up for? LOL thanks bro! I love my Toxic Orange I really do.. But, I don't think they put a bad color on a Challenger! Your IE is to die for... I love them ALL!

I have to say, this Sunday was my first car show with Toxy and it was "interesting". I had a LOT of traffic come by to see her, there were tons of Stangs there, I saw the owner of a Shelby 500 scoping my ride out :) He left before I did, but waved as he left!

The best was this guy and his wife that were checking my car out real good, I was standing maybe 10' away and I hear the guy crack up laughing and point at the back seat and his wife was like "Awwww that's cute" they saw my Stuffed Badger that rides in the back seat of all my "special" vehichles, he's buckled up in the back seat.

So I say to the guy "Hey! Are you picking on my badger????" he laughs and says no and then asks if it's my car and I said yes and he starts going on about how he loves what I did to the car and how I did it perfectly. I looked at him and said "It's STOCK! the only thing I changed was the front and rear SRT emblems" he was floored and said "I've never seen one like this" and I said, it's a 2011 392 and there aren't many around here yet! :)

It was a great night :)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts