Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well what's up everyone, i'm new to the whole form thing. lol. I feel like i should have made my first post in the intro, but this is kinda urget, i am looking at 2 challenger's right now, 2009 torred, 33K, red black leather heated seats, 3.5, spoiler, no options bone stock. 19,000, (the seats are the aftermarket leather with aftermarket heated)

2009 Dodge Challenger SE -- clean

Or, a bran new 2011 se (black) 3.6L o miles, chrome fuel filler door, dual's, no options but seious radio.

2011 Dodge Challenger For Sale | Midland MI

Now the 2009 has everything i am going to add to it ( spoiler, leather, heated seats, ) but.. its not 305 HP, it has 33K (not to worried about 33K though) and it does not have dual's, or the stearing wheel controls..

2009 PROS- spoiler, leather heated seats (red black),
CONS- 3.5 instead of 3.6, no stearing wheel controls, not duals, fuel filler door (most of witch i cannot change...)

2011 PROS- duals, fuel filler door,

Pretty much i just though maybe you guys could bounce some ideas back and forth and maybe it would be easier for me to figure things out then? Or personal opinion, thanks alot guys,

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Ok, well, first of all : Welcome to Challengertalk !!:indifferent: Next is, if your finances are so, that you can afford a new one, then you'd be gaining the full warranty vs. what... one yr left ? If you can afford better the 2009 which has what's you want, then that may be what's you want !!! You list a 2011 Pro of the "fuel filler door" what chrome...well on an '09 that should be attainable or is it ? Hope this helps a bit !!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Keep in mind, if you are financing, you'll likely get a better rate on the new car verses the old car. If that is the case, you should calculate the total $$ you would pay for the cars. It will be closer together then the list prices.

That said, I think the '11 is the much better car. Handling is also supposed to be improved as well.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Ok, the first car is a horrible price. I just saw, today in fact, a brand new bone stock TorRed SE on ebay for $19k buy it now. That's the same model and price as yours except yours has 33k miles. Are you crazy???

If you can drop the price to like $22-$23k out the door on the 2011 I would do it.

If you really thought the first car was even an option and you were willing pay that much for that car you really need to do much more research. That's a HORRIBLE price.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank for the welcome! and i live in MI pal you came off rude so i'll be rude, first off those are 2 of the cheapest cars in MI (SE) i did my research i didn't just pick two random cars? Hmmmm. And well, i check out, i have been looking and talking to a few dealers for the past month, but he is only willing to take off $250 of the new one and $400 off the used one, but my consern is not just the chrome fuel filler cap, its the fact it has 55 more ponys, upgreaded stearing wheel, front lip thing, new, duals, you know. so is it worth paying 7 grand more for a new car so stick with the 09' and save 7000 and only have about $2200 in mods, the new one i'd have close to 2,000 in mods also.. i think i'm going with the used one, and you also have to factor in the fact the used one has matching leather heated seats, $1400 aftermarket, spoiler $200, now i guess i'll just need rims and a new rear facia thing for duals and a exhuast. i just thought the black might be pretty BA with some orange stripes :D haha, thanks for the input. also the red ones about 6 hours away and the dealer said they would drive it up to my town :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
wooo buddy calm down! buy the 2011 , i just bought my 2010 on dec 31st , love the car but the accessory's are super easy to come by , i already have a set of r/t 20's and srt8 suspension and have only spent $421.00 . the 2011 has a better warranty and you will regret the loss of 50 hp . trust me on this .

·
Registered
14 Posts
you can buy the leather seats with heaters for less then 700 bucks if you want stock , or like 800 for katskin , spoiler is like 135 shipped through take off parts, and honestly alot of guys ion this site will help you out alot ,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
did you guys see the new red for the 2011 yet? I talked to a guy at a dealer about it and he said it looks pretty sweet but i think its around 1,200 for fancy colors now :( not 295.. my list is rims, two tone heater leather seats, possibly lowing it 2 inches? and the 16 pc stripe kit (red) and the bottom stripe (low side of car) and well yuo know the do dads. but if you search craigslist in MI you'll see its hard to find a used SE under 20K :( let alone find one at a dealer, that black one is the only one around for aloonngg ways.. but not much of a deal he can cut.. i am hoping to have it in the drive way by the end of the week :) and thanks guys, and i'm younger so a SE helps out my insurance and for the amount of driving i do.. 305 ponys is enough for me. i'm sure you all wondered why not get a cheap used r/t for the same price as a new SE. lol, but thanks, and i'm new with the whole challenger thing, i just love cars and challengers and i only know alittle bit about where to get cheap parts at, thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Understandable. but feel free to check out MI challengers, i have looked and talked to almost every dealer within 150 or more miles and well we just dont have alot so when we get them, they sell quik and they dont like to sell them cheap for that reason they can sell them :( so kinda sucks. but its okay, we all get pissed when someone is getting screwed over lol.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Honestly though, it may be worth searching out of state for a deal. Buy a one way ticket and drive the car back, b/c like I said I saw the brand new TorRed on ebay for $19k buy it now price (don't know which state). So it would definitely be worth paying for the plane ticket and driving it back rather than spending the same amount on a car with 33k miles, which is a lot.

I'm pretty much in your position. I'm young too. I first set my eyes on a TorRed SE too, but now I've been thinking of getting a used RT either in TorRed/HO/B5 Blue. I'm still waiting to get even better price though. I've seen them as low as $25k!!

·
Registered
294 Posts
You're right about SE's being scarce in Michigan my dealer has three SRT8's and four RT's but no SE's. As far as your dilemma goes it depends on how comfortable you are with modifying the engine and suspension versus the interior and electronics. I've always found it easier to modify the engine and suspension everything bolts off and on for me interior parts never go back on the way they came off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yep, i know what you mean, and looking for a R/T? I found one in MI, 7K miles for 23,500. trust me i almost got it till i found out my insurance would go up a rediculas amount... i typed in "used dodge challenger mi" on google or something and found it it was blue, but anywho, i thought about going out of state but its pretty hard to right now, but the dealer that has the black challenger is the only one they have, so i hope no ones scoops it up before me! but thanks for all the help guys!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
...i have looked and talked to almost every dealer within 150 or more miles and well we just dont have alot so when we get them, they sell quik and they dont like to sell them cheap for that reason they can sell them...
I always prefer buying locally, but in this case it appears it may be worth your while to explore other markets, then give the local dealers a chance to match. If the local dealers can come close, then go with them. If the local dealers are extracting a big premium, looking out of market will at a minimum give you more negotiating leverage. Personally, I would not hesitate to buy outside the local market if the local dealers are getting too greedy...

·
Registered
574 Posts
yep, i know what you mean, and looking for a R/T? I found one in MI, 7K miles for 23,500. trust me i almost got it till i found out my insurance would go up a rediculas amount... i typed in "used dodge challenger mi" on google or something and found it it was blue, but anywho, i thought about going out of state but its pretty hard to right now, but the dealer that has the black challenger is the only one they have, so i hope no ones scoops it up before me! but thanks for all the help guys!

Dang, that's a good price. What color is it? How much was your insurance going to go up ? Can you provide a link?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yah it was! it's sold, i just looked.. :( but my insurance would go up roughly 1,500 a year.. but check out tire rack last listing for dodge challenger se $237 for all four rims set of 20's, not my taste but not bad!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts