Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m 45. I was raised a diehard GM guy, but always had appreciation for other makes. I have a 1,500 sf shop attached to my house, and prefer to do my own restoration work. My most recent cars include: 1971 Big Block SS Chevelle (10 year frame off), 1993 Trans Am, 1985 Porsche 911 Carrera, 1969 Big Block Impala Convertible, 2001 Bullitt Mustang, some BMWs, and a 1965 Fastback Mustang GT350 clone. When I hit 40, I became aware that there are still a lot of different cars I would like to own, so I created a bucket list that, of course, includes some MOPARS. I recently started looking to replace my 1965 Mustang with a newish Hellcat. I really wanted something I could drive daily (if the pavement is dry), and knowing myself, if I had a Hellcat, it would stay covered in the garage and used very sparingly. Then, by chance I came across this 2013 RT. I should note that my 12 year old step daughter is really into cars. When she saw this RT, she went nuts and pestered me for 3 weeks. I liked the car because it was modified to my tastes, and saved me a year of making upgrades in my limited spare time. Long story short, this car is ours. Here’s a quick list of some of the things already done:

*American Racing 20' Nova Wheels Custom Painted Red Lip
*Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors and Ceramic Pads
*Powdercoated Red Brake Calipers with Hardware
*Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs
* LED Headlight/Foglight Bulbs
*Matte Black Hellcat Spoiler
*Blastin Bob’s 2.5' Resonator Delete Kit
*Muffler Delete
Challenger Front angle.jpg
Challenger front Driver.jpg
Challenger front Pass.jpg
Challenger rear Pass.jpg

I plan on adding a Barton shifter ASAP, and strut bracing. I’m also going to have my step daughter design seat covers, and we’ll make that happen to. I’m enjoying the car tremendously. Thanks for the add!

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Welcome to the forum, we are glad to have you and your step daughter aboard!

We look forward to watching the changes be made, if we can help with anything let us know.

I have the Barton shifter and the Speedlogix front and rear brace ( 2 point Arch ) on my SRT Challenger, I am thrilled with all of it.

Enjoy!

- Alexis

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,784 Posts
Welcome from California ;) But who's the "old" guy, your Dad? :p

A Guy

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT
37 Posts
Welcome from New York.. I gotta say too, old guy?? Check out the owner age thread, seems 50+ is the average... Also gotta say, those rims make the red work.. Nice !!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Pretty wild ! Congratulations,
welcome from Virginia !

Parrott

·
Registered
705 Posts
#1... I'm a 52 year old "motor head". Trust me, you are not an "old guy" just yet. You have to turn 50 to officially join that club.

#2...I share your passion for restoration work. My last project was 1972 Corvette resto-mod.
The list of cars you have is impressive, to say the least. I find your 1965 fastback Shelby clone especially intriguing, as I have often contemplated building a version of my own.

#3...Over the past 8 years I have been enjoying this wonderful modern muscle car/performance resurgence. I have been fortunate to have had a 2012 Mustang GT, a 2015 Challenger SRT392 and now a 2013 BOSS 302 Mustang. They all have outstanding performance. If all goes well, I will be back into another Challenger by summer.
Hellcat, SP, SPWB, SRT392, SRT8, T/A 392?? Not sure which model, just yet. Lots of choices. As far as modern muscle goes, these truly are the "good old days"

#4...Congrats on your purchase. The R/T looks great. I tip my hat to you for buying a "stick car";)

#5... Welcome to the show!

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Scatpack
25 Posts
Welcome from Florida ... Old lol , as my 84 year old brother tells me when I complain about age, he will say get back to me in another 20 years and tell me about it. Enjoy the new ride.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Here's a pic of my 1965 Mustang. It's a checkbook car. I took it in on trade for my 911. It was a professional nut and bolt restoration.
Sweet!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts