Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
The playground is about to get rained on.

Better engineering, matching numbers, no clones and affordable prices!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I Saw A 1967 Belvider Gtx With A Hemi Tansplant Int. So It Was Not Origional Hemi. It Sold At Berret Jackson For $110,000. It Was A Beutifall Car. But I Would Never Have A Chance At It. This New Challenger Is My Only Chace To Have A Muscle Car. If This Car Dose Not Make It To Production. I Will Never Buy Another New Car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had a few LA engine Challengers back in the day;
Knew a couple of [older] guys with Hemis,
but the price of the legendary Elephant always outpaced my income.

Now I'm the older guy,
and Dodge is gonna make Hemi Challengers again,
and i shall not be cheering from the sidelines.

I wonder how many other old boomers like me are
obsessing; missing sleep; looking for the latest news,
checking the latest wallpapers, waiting for the word
to start signing up at local Dodge dealers.....?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sublime 340 said:
....Line forms in back of me.:p :D :cool:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Vanishing Point said:
....Line forms in back of me.:p :D :cool:
I'm another. I own a 2006 SRT8, waited 9 months for it.

I owned a 71 Road Runner, and, at 50, I also have the ca$h waiting for a new Challenger. It will be a fully loaded one...

LJB:D

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
M3SMG02 said:
I'm another. I own a 2006 SRT8, waited 9 months for it.

I owned a 71 Road Runner, and, at 50, I also have the ca$h waiting for a new Challenger. It will be a fully loaded one...

LJB, how do you like your srt-8?..... I can't wait to see what the srt-8 hemi challenger will look and perform like.....and I know what you mean about waiting for the challenger,...as time goes slowly by,... but man by the way its sounding,it should be the quickest of the srt-8's, and IMO the best looking.;) :cool:

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Sublime 340 said:
I had a few LA engine Challengers back in the day;
Knew a couple of [older] guys with Hemis,
but the price of the legendary Elephant always outpaced my income.

Now I'm the older guy,
and Dodge is gonna make Hemi Challengers again,
and i shall not be cheering from the sidelines.

its not just you old boomers. i'm 25 and am constantly scouring the net for updates and pictures, and losing sleep too.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Sublime 340 said:
I'm a boomer and have no intention of letting this second chance pass me by.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Vanishing Point said:
LJB, how do you like your srt-8?..... I can't wait to see what the srt-8 hemi challenger will look and perform like.....and I know what you mean about waiting for the challenger,...as time goes slowly by,... but man by the way its sounding,it should be the quickest of the srt-8's, and IMO the best looking.;) :cool:
Well, I Looove the SRT8. Trouble is, I can't drive it now, because She's taking a Winter Nap. She's put together nice. She's Tight, Quiet, Very Fast, Handles & Brakes Superb. She gets the Stares a lot. The Chassis, as I like to say, can handle the power as well as dish it out...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm another old guy, 48. I bought my '73 340 Rallye IN 1973, and have been regretting the day I sold it 30 years (ouch!) ago. Teen genius I was.

I have searched every possible avenue for information about the concept car, including upgrade packages, if the 6.1L is the most hp we get.

The forum is by far the best.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
I'm 35 and wanted an old muscle car all my life. With the new Challenger coming, I'll gladly pass on the old and the inflated elite prices.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I saw that auction and saw him actually win that car. It was oldsmobiles answer to the corvette, which gives you an idea of its historical significance. It is the only one in existance; originally there were two prototypes built and one was destroyed when its engine caught fire. The other was destined for the crusher, but someone swooped in and saved it. The guy who won was crying tears of joy, literally. I think he represented a museum in colorado. Amazing. As much as I love hemi cudas I hope it doesn't break this record cause it doesn't deserve to.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts