Registered
331 Posts
Forgot I had these
Just found em.... damn gas was cheap

View attachment 992089

This is when I went to Chrysler's at Carlyle

View attachment 992090

mopar or nocar
Definitely gorgeous cars. I have to love a Mopar.
Great looking cars! Last time I saw gas that cheap was around 1997 time frame.
I remember gas being that low. Actually I remember there was 2 gas stations not to far from my house in 01 that had a gas war & it got down to $.50/gal. Its was a mad house. There where lones & fist fights & maybe a guy sitting on a 98 dodge Avenger along with his brother & his 86 dodge Dayton turbo instigating it... . Lol good times good times.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha I dont remember what year it was... late 90s sounds right...

And to be precise that yellow challenger isnt mine...

If you look in the background in distance you see mine :)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,779 Posts
License tag looks like 1999

A Guy

Reactions: INK

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
Think cigarettes were 2.50pk ? I used to fill up my ‘71 cuda at a tiny 2 pump CITGO station you could only fit 3 people inside it at a time .99 gal
Yeah I remember when I was in high school (graduated in 1988) 30 bucks would get me a small bag of pot (Nickle bag) tank full of gas, pack of Marlboro and 4 hits of acid and it would be a great weekend at Nelson's Ledges. :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I remember when I was in high school (graduated in 1988) 30 bucks would get me a small bag of pot (Nickle bag) tank full of gas, pack of Marlboro and 4 hits of acid and it would be a great weekend at Nelson's Ledges. :D
You and I would be friends in the rw! Haha

My first bag was a 4 finger bag...like 40$ haha thai...and
4 way window pane...orange sunshine...

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,763 Posts
Yeah I remember when I was in high school (graduated in 1988) 30 bucks would get me a small bag of pot (Nickle bag) ... and it would be a great weekend at Nelson's Ledges. :D
Park or track? My father in law raced Formula Vee there. Retired at age 70, 12 years ago.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Great story! what were you driving back then? I remember sitting in my ‘69 charger on break when Lennon was shot in ‘80..Yes those were the days! 8 track tape player in the dash blasting through the 6x9’s was king back then at the drive inn (53 drive inn in palatine IL and sky high in Addison IL was the sh**!...we’d hide in trunk and sometimes get busted in there with 2 cases of beer and the whole car full of us idiots would get kicked out!...

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
come on you guys, don't let these youngsters tell us about the good ol days in the 1980's.
How about filling up the muscle car in the late 1970's with SUNOCO 260 at 35/38 cents a gallon, and the car was a daily driver all season. :eek: (y)

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
come on you guys, don't let these youngsters tell us about the good ol days in the 1980's.
How about filling up the muscle car in the late 1970's with SUNOCO 260 at 35/38 cents a gallon, and the car was a daily driver all season. :eek: (y)
Man that was close I was starting feel old! please elaborate on the manual pumps back in the day with the click-click, click-click and the full service ding-ding at the pump was starting to fade out

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
and if you worked at a Gas Station, full service was washing the windshield on a HOT Summer day, some extra care was taken on some.....;) ding...........ding
It was fun, told one young lady that her tire needed air, she asked if I would put air in her tire for her.
Told her we were out of air but the air truck would be in later and I could handle it then.
She came back, I put air in her tire, we dated for a while. aaaaahhh the 70's (y)

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
Great story! what were you driving back then? I remember sitting in my ‘69 charger on break when Lennon was shot in ‘80..Yes those were the days! 8 track tape player in the dash blasting through the 6x9’s was king back then at the drive inn (53 drive inn in palatine IL and sky high in Addison IL was the sh**!...we’d hide in trunk and sometimes get busted in there with 2 cases of beer and the whole car full of us idiots would get kicked out!...
1975 Dodge Charger, finally sold that car last fall.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts