Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
great read.
I found the charts with the (adjusted) 1970 prices to be interesting.
Todays prices are definately not geared toward everday Joe purchasers.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
great read.
I found the charts with the (adjusted) 1970 prices to be interesting.
Todays prices are definately not geared toward everday Joe purchasers.
Yeah. And the size comparisons were interesting too. The Challenger is only 6" longer and 6" higher than the 1970 version. I thought there was a bigger difference.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Yeah. And the size comparisons were interesting too. The Challenger is only 6" longer and 6" higher than the 1970 version. I thought there was a bigger difference.
surprised me as well. next to each other the new model challengers look huge compared to the classic :scratchhead:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Collector Series Edition

Also a cover of Stang Vs Stang & Camaro Vs Camaro
Thanks, Oz ! Off to get a copy or two after work. Nice find.

·
Registered
211 Posts
They have any alternative covers with stripes removed? lol

I just picked up a copy and there's a pic of a white IE with Black leather seats with a small white accent stripe. WTF ! :liar: LOL, dude.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Thanks, Oz ! Off to get a copy or two after work. Nice find.

They have any alternative covers with stripes removed? lol
NP ! only 2 copies out of a dozen I saw, were Chally covers
maybe I should've got the other 1 too .
Side by side that fuselage body of the old is incredible .
Putting the 70 body on the new chassis should definately be a
West Coast Customs or Foose episode

Alan your car should have it's own cover shoot, seriously
call mopar muscle , mopar action or hot rod.
I can't see them turning down a shot at the 1st SC392

How's it running BTW ??? Do they have the tune completed ?

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I have to look for one to keep.

Magnacharger had their 392 w/sc at CF2 as well. They would not run it as they said the tune was not finished. Can't wait to see it run!!:)

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
I just picked up a copy and there's a pic of a white IE with Black leather seats with a small white accent stripe. WTF ! :liar: LOL, dude.
ha, good one.

Alan your car should have it's own cover shoot, seriously
call mopar muscle , mopar action or hot rod.
I can't see them turning down a shot at the 1st SC392

How's it running BTW ??? Do they have the tune completed ?
Thanks, but I seriously doubt they care. Like everyone said, Magnacharger has one ready to go as well, still waiting on tuning.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
i bought my copy yesterday...not very impressed with the article

it was very short for each of the 3 cars...made me think they did it just to sell extra mag's this month to every Challenger, Camaro, Mustang guy...i think it came out to about 1 page of text for each car...they could have written 3 or 4 if they wanted to....all it says is...the new cars are bigger and faster....there, now you dont need to read the article

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I picked up my copy today. I noticed that there were plenty of the other two styles and none left, of the Challenger style, after I picked mine up. :) The Challenger is just straight up sophisticated looking, so poised. I still get compliments and stares to this day.

·
Registered
152 Posts
july motortrend

Just got teh July 2011 issue and it has a cool article 'old vs new' (camaro, shelby mustang, challenger). I"m bummed though.....and why this happened when MT has gotten great 'times' from cars in the past: the 392 '11 Challenger only got 13.0 in the 1/4 and 111mph. Bad traction or launch technique obviously b/c of the mph.

2nd: man those classic muscle cars are great looking ( they beat the modern day versions hands down).

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I got that issue too....MT is a joke with those 13 sec 1/4 for the 392....but they got a 12.9 with the Camaro...LMFAO!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts