Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking to get a first vehicle and first of all, I'm wondering why the Dodge Charger gets the newer touch screens before the Challenger. And second of all, can you switch the console out? I'm talking about the old old ones without any touch capabilities. Can I switch that for the Mopar screen? Either the small of 8.4 In. Please let me know!

·
Super Moderator
14,836 Posts
the electronics architecture is different between '14 and earlier vs. '15+ models - so the 5" / 7" / 8.4" systems won't work. Wire harnesses are vastly different between the years.

On these vehicles the IP cluster <-> PCM <-> touch screen radio all communicate with each other as a s system

while the '15+ would "fit" in the older models - the points where it bolts to the floor are different as well.

The Charger got revised in '11 - the first models were '05s, so that car had been around for many years longer than the Challenger, which was introduced in '08.

the answer is if you want the newer features - you're going to have to get a '15+ model

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know if I have a budget for a 15+ model, unless I find a hell of a deal, so I may have to find a charger or something along those lines.

·
Super Moderator
14,836 Posts
the performance pages are '15+ (even on Chargers) and the Apple Car Play / Android Auto is '17+ (different head unit from '11-'14 version and '15-'16 version)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts