Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know this has been covered ad-nauseum but sometimes it's like reading Legalspeak so i'm just gonna ask a dumb question :scratchhead::thumbsup:
I originally bought my 13 Plus with the 130 with the intention of going aftermarket for a system. I've realized now, for various reasons, i'd rather not.
I would, however, like to have a touch screen, hard drive, etc. and retain my u-connect, hands free, and other stock features so i'm looking at a 430. Nav is not important as I already have a dedicated portable unit in the glove box.
The question is, will an older unit like an REN be a true plug and play and retain all functionality when I push the little buttons on my wheel ?:thumbsup:
Cheers, Lee S.

·
Super Moderator
15,089 Posts
Same also applies for a 430 (non Nav) - has to be a low speed bus.

Chrysler makes two versions high speed and low speed, you'll need to low speed for your Challenger.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Well aware of the Buss speed requirements. Just the older, pre 12 unit in a a newer vehicle connectivity question is my sticking point :umbrella:
Cheers, Lee S.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm sorry, I thought you had what you needed. Any low speed unit will work in any year Challenger. Only difference between pre '11 and '11 up is you'd have to add a nav antenna under the dash if you run a pre '11 in your '11 up.

There are things that need to be done to make different units work in different equipped cars, but a 430n will work for you... just need to add the nav antenna if it's '10 or older. What's better for you depends on the deal you get... I mean, if you can get an equivalent older unit for $150 cheaper than a newer one, adding the extra antenna shouldn't be a deal breaker. I saw one on eBay not so long ago that came with the nav antenna even.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts