Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a before and after of my 2016 SXT. So far I tinted the windows, swapped the fuel door out for a Drake black on black fuel door and added some 20in American Racing rims. Got a 392 Scat Pack chin spoiler on the way and a go-wing spoiler for the rear. A BC coil over and that should wrap her up. Will post progress as she's worked on.

Should I go with black caliper covers for that truly Murdered out look, red for that mean and evil look, or yellow for that different yet bad ass look?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Here's a before and after of my 2016 SXT. So far I tinted the windows, swapped the fuel door out for a Drake black on black fuel door and added some 20in American Racing rims. Got a 392 Scat Pack chin spoiler on the way and a go-wing spoiler for the rear. A BC coil over and that should wrap her up. Will post progress as she's worked on.

Should I go with black caliper covers for that truly Murdered out look, red for that mean and evil look, or yellow for that different yet bad ass look?

Why not just paint them black?

I think covers look kinda cheesy, but that's just me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Calipers look kinda puny and heard a lot about the paint not looking as nice as a caliper cover. I like the look of the covers better personally.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,680 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
I love what you have done to the car so far. Those wheels are a big improvement. :wink3:

...If it were me, I would go with red brake caliper covers. The black ones wouldn't really be noticeable behind the black wheels in my opinion.

EDIT: I can't wait to hear about the front spoiler install. I want to do it, but think it's out of my league. Maybe I'm better off with the smaller spoiler that I have now, so no worries about hitting anything.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,680 Posts
I agree if you are doing covers, the red. Both red and yellow go good with black, but red maybe better with the wheels. Only because you asked...otherwise, get what speaks to you :)

A Guy

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree if you are doing covers, the red. Both red and yellow go good with black, but red maybe better with the wheels. Only because you asked...otherwise, get what speaks to you :)

A Guy
My buddy enlightened me as to the rotors and Bembro brakes on the hellcat... kinda want those instead now but they're pricey.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,680 Posts
There are cheaper alternatives if you want big brakes. Not cheap, cheaper. But I'm not sure that wouldn't mean a wheel change for you as well, to clear the rotors. There are brakes upgrades that will fit. A Guy

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
There are cheaper alternatives if you want big brakes. Not cheap, cheaper. But I'm not sure that wouldn't mean a wheel change for you as well, to clear the rotors. There are brakes upgrades that will fit. A Guy
Might be able to find 4-pistons off a scat pack if someone upgraded to the 6-piston.

And those are already black!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok guys next set of questions. Go-wing or lip style spoiler? I'm leaning towards the Go-wing style. Should I get the OEM or "OEM style" versions. Keep it Matte or paint it to match the cars color?

Or scratch it all for a 70's or 71 style go wing? In which case what would I need to make it happen?

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
I like this style wing but never see it on 2015-up cars

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts