Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here looking for a little feed back.
I sold my C6 Vette to build a new garage its almost done and I'm starting to look around for a new ride.
I was thinking a 66 GTO but after a buddy letting me have his for a few weeks I'm back to modern
muscle great car but theres nothing like the newer cars. I had my eye on
a Mopar 10 at a local dealer but timing wasn't right. So my cousin has a GT500 thats pretty nice but
I really like the looks of the Challengers any of you guys have or had both.
thanks
John

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Welcome to ChallengerTalk!
I believe member HuggyTree has both an '11 or '12 SRT8 and a '13 GT500.

I personally would choose the challenger for everyday driving. However,if the car is going to be a weekend warrior then I'd definitely get the GT500 if I were you.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Get off the fence or you will crease your butt...

Funny, when I have a modern muscle car I want an old one, and when I have an old one I want a modern one. Splitting the difference and going resto-mod is too expensive ($100K for a good one). So, I ride the fence on old vs. new.

·
Registered
35 Posts
GT500 is a monster and it cost quite a bit, especially the newer ones. The challenger RT or SRT has it all for power and comfort. For the money you would save not buying the GT500 can easily be used for a supercharger and before you know it you have extreme power and most of all the best retro style there is, and you would have plenty of cash left in your pocket. I had a 2011 GT Mustang with a Boss intake, put 432 to the rear wheels, but soon I will have much more with my 2013 RT with a supercharger. I am already impressed with the RT power and ran 4.5s 0-60 with a tune and exhaust added. most times I am 4.6-4.8 depending on the launch. The decision you make either way you will be in the family of modern muscle...Enjoy the excitement of purchasing a new ride. Ed

·
Registered
498 Posts
There is no way you should buy a Challenger now. Big changes for 2015. Body style,hp bump,etc. Wait until they are out. If you like the current model with lower hp available now, there will be better deals when the 15 comes out. If you like the new higher performance version then get that one. You cant lose.

As far as the Mustang, dont do it. Drive one quite a bit before you decide. The only thing ford got right about that car is the engine. It will be a horrible experience coming from a C6. Which model did you get rid of?

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
There is no way you should buy a Challenger now. Big changes for 2015. Body style,hp bump,etc. Wait until they are out. If you like the current model with lower hp available now, there will be better deals when the 15 comes out. If you like the new higher performance version then get that one. You cant lose.

As far as the Mustang, dont do it. Drive one quite a bit before you decide. The only thing ford got right about that car is the engine. It will be a horrible experience coming from a C6. Which model did you get rid of?
Big changes to body style? I'm not aware of this...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a 05 covertible with the Magna ride, before I sold it I went to a dealer that had 09 SRT8 6 speed with after market exhaust wasn't all that inpressed with power after getting out of the Vette. Right after that went and took a 2010 GT 500 for a ride and thought the power was good. I'm looking for a car to drive to work 10 miles each way and weekend cruiser. looking at spending 25-30 I really like the look of the Challengers I think Dodge did it right I won't even look at the Camaro's And I know as soon as I get the new car I'll want an old one there's nothing like taking that old Goat out for a rip. expect the gas.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I had a 05 covertible with the Magna ride, before I sold it I went to a dealer that had 09 SRT8 6 speed with after market exhaust wasn't all that inpressed with power after getting out of the Vette. Right after that went and took a 2010 GT 500 for a ride and thought the power was good. I'm looking for a car to drive to work 10 miles each way and weekend cruiser. looking at spending 25-30 I really like the look of the Challengers I think Dodge did it right I won't even look at the Camaro's And I know as soon as I get the new car I'll want an old one there's nothing like taking that old Goat out for a rip. expect the gas.
Which c6? Wait for the hellcat and get a used 392 after the big depreciation hit to come because of the sc engine, with that budget.

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
take an 11+ with the 6.4 for a spin / it's not 2009... ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
John, Welcome aboard! :) You will find a wealth of knowledge on this forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was a base convertible with Magna ride, I added Z51 brakes to it you couldn't get the
bigger brakes with the magna ride package.
Maybe I'll hold off until spring I'm in the northeast not going to be good driving weather for awhile.
Did they make an SRT8 in the dark grey thats a nice color I'm not sure I want another black car
its the best color but alot of work to keep it nice.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I would wait but its entirely up to you. go drive a 392, very impressive. if I could do it all over again I would have gotten this color. so beautiful! good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats nice. maybe dark stripes, I know thats more than I got in the budjet. Whats the thinking on the Mopar 10 I saw one with 1100 miles for 30K its not something you see every day.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
I own a 2011 SRT Challenger and a 2013 GT500 convertible....if you can afford a 13/14 GT500 id say go for it...there is no comparison at all to a Challenger RT you were looking at(Mopar 10)

the 392 Challenger is fast and fun, but the GT500's 662hp is amazing and so much faster

the Challenger IS the better looking car

if your coming from a Corvette I doubt you'll be content with a RT

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My cousin has a 07 GT 500 that went out to Vegas and got a 40th package with motor and suspension upgrades six something hp he also had a KR for a while I've driven them both just a lot of fun Like the Vette I'm thinking the challenger would be a little more civilized?
The oldest GT I'd go for is a 2010 about the price of a nice 392 SRT8 both about 10k more than I got.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
66 Goat

New member here looking for a little feed back.
I sold my C6 Vette to build a new garage its almost done and I'm starting to look around for a new ride.
I was thinking a 66 GTO but after a buddy letting me have his for a few weeks I'm back to modern
muscle great car but theres nothing like the newer cars. I had my eye on
a Mopar 10 at a local dealer but timing wasn't right. So my cousin has a GT500 thats pretty nice but
I really like the looks of the Challengers any of you guys have or had both.
thanks
John
1. Get the GTO....holds value, cool car, and you can "make it modern" with brakes, subframe connectors, crate engine, etc.

2. If you have the $$$ for a GT 500....then you have the $$$ to make a [email protected] Challenger. Look at Arrington upgrades.

3. No offense to Mopar 10 owners...but it is a "dressed up RT." If you came from a Vette...you will find the RT grossly underpowered. I owned my RT for 6 months before I ordered an SRT (still waiting for it). If you buy the Mopar 10....you can modify it...but they are collector cars. They had a limited run. You will destroy it's value with MOD's.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts