Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this question has been asked and answered in many posts, believe me I have read many. What I am needing is some solid input regarding aftermarket exhaust systems (there are sooooo many options to choose from, I own a 2014 R/T and I would like to add an exhaust. I have read about Corsa, Borla, MBRP, Solo and numerous others, I have even watched a ton of YouTube videos but it is still a tough choice. I know y'all are gonna say "buy what you think is right for you, it's your car". All I know is that Flowmaster is out, and I really don't want to buy something I will not be happy with later and I for sure don't want any drone issues (yes it has MDS)

Maybe a poll or something from those of you who have had your systems for a while, I want some rumble but I don't want it to be obnoxious.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: SecretCajunMann

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
I understand your dilemma but I don't know if a poll is the best way to choose an exhaust. Just because a majority thinks or believes something doesn't necessarily make it true. If so, the world would be flat. Perhaps you should try looking up other Challenger, Charger, Magnum and 300 owners and see and hear for yourself. They might even give you a ride. Here in Utah we have several active Mopar clubs with lots of modern hemi cars to check out. You can pretty much go listen to every type of available exhaust system imaginable.

I'm really happy and receive lots of compliments for my MBRP system but there is bit of a drone when there is a load on the engine at about 1,700 rpms. That's about 65 mph in 6th gear for me. I shift to 5th on upgrades or speed up to 75 and it goes away. Not much drone at all on flat ground or downhill.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I also have a 2014 Rt Plus with automatic. I removed the original mufflers and resonators. I installed MagnaFlow copies of their mufflers (cheaper and didn't pay for the name). My car sounds awesome......BUT.....I do have the dreaded drone that guys talk about. At 50-55 mph its not bad at all. I drive mostly 60-75 and it is very noticeable. I actually only use my paddle shifters when I want to play around. I will probably be adding something in the near future to minimize the drone. I want to meet up with other Challenger owners and learn what they have done before I do something. The weather is now getting warmer and can't wait for some cruise nights and see what is out there.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
Interesting that you've ruled out Flowmaster. I installed the Flowmaster Force II cat back system and it's positively sweet! It has absolutely no drone. I get compliments on it all the time.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I also did lots of video hunting, reading and polling before I made a final decision. However, with that said, the first time I heard Zoomers, I was hooked. Then finding out more about the fitment and quality service that Speed Logix provides it was a not even a question.

Love my system (but most will tell you this) because I have zero drone. It's got a nice rumble at idle, sounds amazing at start up, down shift and WOT!

Here is a little before and after video. (Use ear buds to listen)

Good luck with your search, but keep in mind that this decision is totally subjective. But do enjoy the process, bud!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZruDky5Opw8

Zoomers Exhaust - Before & After - 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 6.1 - YouTube

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I've narrowed it down to 2 options, Corsa Extreme and the Zoomers. I really like the way they both sound, not really keen on the Corsa tips though with the split rectangular style as I like the stock look better. I wish either system were available with the quad round tip.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Both great choices. I also narrowed it down to these two. I chose Zoomers because it has that old school rumble. I also went with the OEM tips because quads give it too much flutter. Fluttering cheapens the sound. Zoomers fits perfectly and no drone. No drone, no headache.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
For my money, and from everything I seen and heard "live and up close," I don't think you can top Corsa. The more subtle "Sport edition" suits me, while others wanting some additional "growl," would prefer the XTreme series.

Note that all mentioned are "tier 1" brands -but- again, Corsa is tops in my book, and that of a number of friends/family members who are more than satisfied with their purchases.

Good luck on quest !!

Best regards,

Gary aka "beamg5"

I know this question has been asked and answered in many posts, believe me I have read many. What I am needing is some solid input regarding aftermarket exhaust systems (there are sooooo many options to choose from, I own a 2014 R/T and I would like to add an exhaust. I have read about Corsa, Borla, MBRP, Solo and numerous others, I have even watched a ton of YouTube videos but it is still a tough choice. I know y'all are gonna say "buy what you think is right for you, it's your car". All I know is that Flowmaster is out, and I really don't want to buy something I will not be happy with later and I for sure don't want any drone issues (yes it has MDS)

Maybe a poll or something from those of you who have had your systems for a while, I want some rumble but I don't want it to be obnoxious.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ZOOMERS are on the way!!

I can't wait to install them.

·
Registered
302 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Glad to see you got off the fence before you put a crease in your butt...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
302 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
crodriquez579:

Refer to the THE MAGNUSON-MOSS WARRANTY ACT 1975, it expalins everything in detail.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts

Thanks in advance.
Actually, I love my Flowmaster American Thunder Cat back. You need to listen to them in person. Corsa, or Mopar, sounds like an import or a Mustang with a higher pitch burble and popping sound. Systems that have the mufflers by the rear bumper (where the factory resonators are) have more of that burble popping sound. I like the Flowmaster because it has more of a deep Muscle Car sound. There is some drone at about 15-18mph in 2nd (I have a manual) but zero drone on the highway in any gear. It's a lot less money too.

Listen to them in person though. I listened to so many videos and learned nothing from them.

Edit: I see you chose Zoomers. I've heard good things about that system. Enjoy.

Reactions: R/T PLUS
1 - 19 of 19 Posts